Author Topic: James McTAGGERT, m. 1904,Master Mariner, Drummore Kirkmaiden, Wigtownshire  (Read 782 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: James McTAGGART, m. 1904,Master Mariner, Drummore Kirkmaiden, Wigtownshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hmcc,
Thanks so much for taking the time to supply all those details of the McTaggart/McCracken family.  That makes it perfectly clear that the William McTaggart there could not possibly have been the ancestor or the McTaggart line I'm looking into.  Quite bizarre, too, that both daughters survived and lived to a ripe old age, whereas their three brothers simply didn't.
I need to look, therefore, to see whether the other Maggie McCracken of marriageable age in that 1901 Census for Mill Street, Kirkmaiden did get married too and had progeny of her own, sons that survived into adulthood...
Keith

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James McTAGGERT, m. 1904,Master Mariner, Drummore Kirkmaiden, Wigtownshire
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 12:03 GMT (UK) »
If Rosemary McTaggart is the line you are researching - then it’s her details you need to start with.  What are the names of her parents on her birth or marriage cert?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Quite right, Carole,
It seems clear now as though I'm clearing up erroneous/inaccurate info here from previous research and digging by the family, and that's the obvious place to start.  I'll need a little time to come up with those details.  Be patient with me!
Keith
The marriage between Rosemary McTaggart and Thomas Young took place on 11th June 1960 at St Mary's RC Church in Abercombie St, Glasgow.  Will need to see the certificate for more details, obviously. Soon...

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 13:06 GMT (UK) »
If she married 1960 - am I right guessing she is the 1937 or 1939 birth (2 registrations) in Lanarkshire? 

If so - I suspect she was born illegitimate in 1937 as there is a 1938 marriage between the mother & McT.. which explains the 1939 registration. 

Is she still alive as we have to be careful posting details of living persons
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Carole,
I've been out and about again,  but I'll PM you now.
Keith

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 18:29 GMT (UK) »
After pm correspondence we now have some more info that needs investigating before the McTaggart line can be progressed. 

Keith has agreed that this post should be locked as a precaution until those investigations are completed as it's possibly the wrong line.   A new post will be raised at a later date