Author Topic: Help needed with Ancestry ThuLines  (Read 441 times)

Offline mirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I come from a land downunder, or do I?
    • View Profile
Help needed with Ancestry ThuLines
« on: Thursday 17 February 22 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I have been looking at my ThruLines for possible links and came across something I don't understand with the number of DNA matches at each generation pair, particularly my direct paternal line.

For my parents there are no DNA matches for either of them as none of my siblings and their children have tested; makes sense.

For my grandparents I again get no DNA matches for the same reason, no testing.

For my great grandparents I get three matches for both partners and I know how they connect.

For my GG grand parents I get nine matches each and I know how they all connect.

The one I don't understand is for my GGG grand parents for which I get zero matches on the father and eight matches on the mother (eight of nine from the previous generation with one match dropping off as they have a different maternal line).

Can some-one explain this for me?

Richardson, Sherman, Gillam, Hitchcock, Neighbour, Groom, Walton, Strange, Littleford, Brown, Guy, Abbs, Tasker, Bartlett, Farey, Etteridge

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with Ancestry ThuLines
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 February 22 08:49 GMT (UK) »
ThruLines only come from other trees so maybe other people have your ggg grandmother in their tree but they don't know who she married, so there would be no thrulines.

Also, even if they do have both your ggg grandparents in their tree they have to have the names in the same format otherwise thrulines will not show up for example Clark v. Clarke or similar with 1st names.

Also, of course, there is the lurking suspicion that those other people who have ggg grandmother in their trees don't have your ggg grandfather as the father of their descendants.

You need to look at the other thrulines and investigate.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire