Author Topic: Ordering lateral flow tests  (Read 10013 times)

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering lateral flow tests
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 23 February 22 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks folks, er,hummm?
What is an Email account? :-[ :-[ :-[
I have an email address ,pay BT for phone and the rest ......

Your email account is the Inbox associated with your email address.

Do you not receive emails advising you of all sorts of things, or news from relatives etc.

The code for use on the Lateral Flow Test screen will come into your email Inbox from 'Coronavirus Home Testing'.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 23 February 22 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pheno, my problem was to access the inbox, for the code ,I had to lose the form I was filling in online,I could not see how else  to access the code.
However it all worked out but as yet not delivered ,but up to 48 hours for delivery.
Thanks ,Viktoria.

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 23 February 22 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Good evening,

I don't know if it works the same on all phones. But on mine I get a row of small icons to indicate any new notifications. If you are working on something like the NHS site you can pull down from the top. This will reveal any msg for you to read then you push it back up again to carry on with your task.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 24 February 22 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou, I was on my iPad ,but that sounds OK, my mobile phone is a gas one you see!
Seriously I am seriously handicapped by my lack of understanding of modern technology , I resist it , can’t assimilate the info so switch off mentally .
But thanks ,it is very kind of people to offer helpful info.
Thanks again.Viktoria.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 24 February 22 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pheno, my problem was to access the inbox, for the code ,I had to lose the form I was filling in online,I could not see how else  to access the code.

I’m not clear why you had to ‘lose the form’ you were filling in? If you have the form open in one tab on your iPad, simply open a new tab to access your email, then switch between the two tabs  :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 24 February 22 11:44 GMT (UK) »
You are very kindly overestimating my ability, honestly I do not understand what you are saying .
I was given my iPad as a present,I had a laptop before that solely for family history research.
I was given no information with the iPad,or laptop. Both  presents  from my children.My daughter and second son are patient ,but they live in Suffolk and  Berkshire ,eldest son gave it to me from them all at a Christmas ,but no info or explanations .

He was a pleasant ,patient character ,took early retirement ,did not say why and did not welcome my concerned enquiries as to heath etc .
But he changed drastically , the problem has still not been definitely diagnosed .Now impatient and I hardly see him.
I just had to try to get on with it ,he cannot understand why I find it difficult ,but he  worked with  computers at his work.Now he is rather tetchy and impatient but for over four years has has serious health problems so I don’t bother him at all.
This is not a rebuke but old people such as myself feel it has all gone too quickly for us to assimilate ,those explaining are incapable of remembering the day before they encountered a computer for the first time  !
My son lives about a half hour’s drive away away but medication dictates he must not drive.
So I toddle on ,in blissful ignorance for the most part , using my iPad for pleasure ,only occasionally booking train journeys etc .

I find it a bit inconsiderate that it seems to be universally accepted that everyone is computer savvy!
Bills etc all want you to go paperless ,we are paying them and it should be in a way with which we are comfortable.
Old fingers mis- type, old eyes do not see so well, if we cannot cope what happens?
There has to be an interim alternative .
I once said to my son - who had just eaten a piece of cake I had made and after he had been impatient re my iPad ,”you could make a cake if you wanted to “ —- “ I wouldn’t have the foggiest idea how to start!”————
“ Well stop being so arrogant with me ,you have watched me bake many many times yet you expect me to take all this in at once!”
It is an age thing ,but he is only twenty years younger than I am!
So thankyou ,I will plod on , won’t ever ask my son again ,we have always got on very well ,not going to let an iPad cause upset.
Thank you most sincerely for you help, I am somewhat apprehensive that if I do the wrong thing it will in the words of the original  Australians “ iPad him go all bugger up !”
But thanks.I am not technically minded - other strengths and you have been very patient with me.
.Viktoria.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 24 February 22 11:57 GMT (UK) »
honestly I do not understand what you are saying

Do you see a + sign top right of your iPad screen?
Tap on this and it will open a new tab on the iPad.

So if, say, you have your emails open, and you want to look at Rootschat at the same time, click on + to open a new tab on which you can open Rootschat. To check your emails just click on the relevant tab heading.

By clicking on the + you can open as many tabs as you want. I have five in use at the moment.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 24 February 22 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Ooooh THANKYOU ,even I can understand that ,now remembering it ———?
Seriously ,Thankyou.
Viktoria.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 24 February 22 12:04 GMT (UK) »
I’ve tried to do a screenshot on my iPad, you should be able to see the tabs I’ve currently got open.

I look at each page by tapping on the tab headings.

It’s rather large, use the scroll bar to see the tabs.