Author Topic: Obit and Burial Request  (Read 254 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Obit and Burial Request
« on: Tuesday 22 February 22 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Would anyone be able to help me find an obituary or burial place for an Anna Butler who died 15 September 1994 in Monmouth, NJ according to her SSDI on Ancestry? I've tried FindMyPast, My Heritage and Newspapers.com but nothing. I'm in Ireland so may be missing something.

Thank you
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Obit and Burial Request
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 February 22 21:46 GMT (UK) »
If no one comes along with an obituary or a better idea, try these public libraries in the area and see if they can help you. US public libraries usually have subscriptions to local papers and don't mind looking for an obit as long as you have a date of death. If payment is required, I don't know how they will handle it for someone outside the US, but you can ask.

https://www.neptunecitynj.com/neptune-city-library

http://www.neptunepubliclibrary.org/

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 February 22 13:36 GMT (UK) »

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 February 22 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Got an idea in my head yesterday evening to e-mail funeral homes in Neptune, New Jersey in hope they might have a record somewhere & I came up trumps. She was buried 23rd September 1994 in Marlboro Township, New Jersey. I'm now on a hunt for an e-mail for the cemetery as she's not on Find a Grave for the cemetery
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut