Author Topic: Inherited Genes  (Read 596 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Inherited Genes
« on: Saturday 26 February 22 11:45 GMT (UK) »
     I was taught; "Jaw, Jaw, Jaw, not "War, War, War", thus, when necessary, have spent my life pouring oil on troubled waters, so to speak.

I was horrified to see how fearsome my Scottish Highland ancestors were.  For instance the Browns of Perthshire were known cattle thieves and the Mackenzie Clan didn't get to own castles and swathes of Scottish Highlands by batting their eyelids.   

Since the plight of the Ukrainians has been broadcast, I've been overcome with a desire to put on a pair of seven league boots, get myself an AK47 and join locals in their defence of their land and democratic freedom of speech.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: Inherited Genes
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 February 22 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Presidential appeal: Zelensky also appealed to Ukrainians to resist the invasion, and called for those living abroad to return and defend the country. He also welcomed volunteers from abroad, saying, "we will give you weapons."
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Inherited Genes
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 February 22 23:07 GMT (UK) »
That was Winston Churchill’s maxim too ,however when that failed ,or had given us enough time to re-arm etc he did opt for war war war ,thank goodness he did .
We could do with him now!
Viktoria.