Author Topic: Understanding the post  (Read 414 times)

Offline Tarnwater

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Understanding the post
« on: Saturday 26 February 22 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Yesterday I asked for help in locating an address on the 1939 register. I did not ask for a copy, or anything that I consider might be breaking any rules. All I requested was a name, and year of birth. Then it would help me to look it up. As it was, the answer that I was given, proved useful, and I managed to find what I was looking for. I apologise if I you think I  broke any rules..
PRITCHARD[CAERNARVONSHIRE/DENBIGHSHIRE
EVANS[CAERNARVONSHIRE/DENBIGHSHIRE]
SLOAN/SLOANE[CAERNARVONSHIRE]
WILLIAMS[Caernarvonshire]
JONES[Caernarvonshire/Denbighshire]
ROBERTS[Caernarvonshire]
TODD[ANTRIM]
McNEILL[Antrim]
FURNEAUX[DEVON]
SKINNER[DEVON]
WEST[Devon]
SANDERS/SAUNDERS[DEVON]
WEBBER[Devon]
BARRET[Devon]
POPE[Devon]
EDWARDS [Caernarvonshire/Denbighshire]

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding the post
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 February 22 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I think you are referring to your post that asked for the names & birthdates of people living in the even numbers of a particular road in 1939 as you were researching the history of a friends house.

Any information from the 1939 that requires a subscription is forbidden by Rootschat.   Actual addresses & birthdates fall in that category.  I replied on those lines to your post but reported the post to the moderator and asked for it to be locked. 

You mentioned you had Ancestry access and another member posted instructions on how you could use it to obtain the info.  I’m glad those instructions helped you to find what you were looking for

I understand the moderator first locked the post but then removed it.

Many people post requests without realising they are "breaking the rules"  - don’t worry about it - you won't go to jail😀😀

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding the post
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 February 22 07:46 GMT (UK) »
I too was puzzled that the thread had disappeared (I thought I'd dreamt it when I looked for it the next day!)

Pleased that the info on how to search using just the address was helpful and you were able to find what you were looking for :-)

Boo