Author Topic: Marriage of Eliza Elizabeth to John Forster. Did it happen?  (Read 582 times)

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Eliza Elizabeth to John Forster. Did it happen?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Mary Elizabeth Ethel Sturman was baptised 5 May 1889 at Horsham St Faiths,mother Eliza Sturman (abode Burgh Apton) single woman.

see reply #3

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Your Eliza married David John Coffin in March qtr 1901 in Hampshire - see freebmd

You will find them on the 1901 in Hampshire
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Freebmd has 3 births - 1859, 1863, 1867

The Eliza Elizabeth who married James Daines (not John Forster) in 1883 was the one born 1863 (Wacton), so not 'your' Eliza Elizabeth.

'Your' Eliza Elizabeth married a David John Coffin 5/1/1901 South Stoneham, Hampshire and was in Bitterne with him in 1901.   She knocked a few years off her age according to 1901/1911 census no doubt because she was more than 10 years older than him.   He died 4/5/1917 WW1 and she died Jun.qtr.1938 Southampton.  In Bitterne according to 1921 index.

Annette     
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gwaelodian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again. I did understand that Eliza Elizabeth married to David Coffin. My interest was in the earlier years. When I saw a marriage to a John Forster, I found in that a reason for the Forsters being so kind to her. That is something we will possible never know, but to employ a servant girl and take in her three illegitimate children is a very noble act.  My grandmother, however, thought she never knew her mother. Maybe the children were not told the relationships? Thank you everyone. I'm very grateful to you all. I just wish I could do it ... I get tied up in side issues. Thanks. :) Norma

Offline Gwaelodian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Annette. I think you mailed after I wrote to the others. Grateful for your interest and help.:)