Author Topic: Dulwich College Chapel Baptisms-Ancestry confuse researchers yet again  (Read 684 times)

Offline Copper1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
That's what I have discovered in the last few hours. So I trust these details, I could not find previously reported, prove very useful to past and present members who have, or might otherwise search in vain.

The drop-down selection informs INCORRECTLY that years 1816,17,20,21,24,27,28,29,30-33 and 38-51 are the only ones available as scans. What a load of rubbish that turns out to be  :o

Earlier last week I received some excellent prompts from long-serving members that my Adams connections were to be found in said Chapel register. On closer inspection to try and locate some still absent siblings, I trawled through the entire selection, and what did I find?

Only that the dates indicated "1838-51" were a complete fabrication of the truth. Within were the 'missing' but not missing scans across the years 1813-15, 1818,19,1822-23 and so on. I'm not someone who takes time wasting lightly, having last year discovered they had also failed to scan 30% of Chingford Mount Cemetery registers even though I've seen them in the bound registers when I visited their offices!  Be forewarned about Ancestry 'accuracy'.