Author Topic: O'Sullivan-Fowlers of Dublin  (Read 252 times)

Offline Runner55

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'Sullivan-Fowlers of Dublin
« on: Tuesday 08 March 22 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rootschatters

I'm currently researching the O'Connor-Fowler branch of my family tree in Dublin and wondered if there are any descendants around of a Mary Kathleen Fowler (born 1904) and Robert O'Sullivan (born 1902) of Dublin. 

I believe they had maybe four children born around the 1930s/1940s.  Mary Kathleen Fowler was the daughter of my great-grandmother's sister (Elizabeth O'Connor). 

I have a very extensive family tree on Ancestry and currently focusing on this line of the family. Always interested to connect with new members of the clan!

Look forward to hearing of any descendants on this family line, within or outside of Ireland.

Best regards
Runner55

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: O'Sullivan-Fowlers of Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 March 22 19:11 GMT (UK) »

.........Mary Kathleen Fowler (born 1904) and Robert O'Sullivan (born 1902) of Dublin. 

I believe they had maybe four children born around the 1930s/1940s. 

Is this their marriage in 1931 in Fairview RC Church?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1931/09024/5265614.pdf

If it is, then here's Robert O'Sullivan and his father Walter in 1911 census.
House 3.2 in Wilson's Cottages (Rotunda, Dublin)
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Rotunda/Wilson_s_Cottages/38180/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Runner55

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'Sullivan-Fowlers of Dublin
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 March 22 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kiltaglassan

Thank you very much for your reply.  Yes, that's correct; I have those two records - plus lots of other information around the rest of the very large Fowler family in general, so all good there.

There are also records I've seen of possible children via Ancestry, but as they would most likely be living persons I can only wait to see if any of them might be amongst the Rootschatter community and make contact directly.

Happy to wait and see if anyone shouts up!

Thanks again
Runner55