Author Topic: East Tisted birth/Bp  (Read 223 times)

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A bit of old Blarney castle
    • View Profile
East Tisted birth/Bp
« on: Friday 11 March 22 14:44 GMT (UK) »

I have found a bap of a child in the parish of East Tisted, Hampshire in various record
    sources alas very basic, is it poss to look in the East Tinsted pr to see if any parent is
    recorded, the child is called Mary Pullinger bap date 30 Oct 1733.
    There is also a Mary Pullinger bur 18 Aug 1734 in the same parish, I assume the mary's
    are one of the same, but its the name of the parent at bap if it is recorded that is of any
    use.
                     regards...
Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.
Atkinson...N-Yorks.    Irvine... Sothern England
Cook...glouc/shire.    Alderton... Thingoe/Suffolk

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: East Tisted birth/Bp
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 March 22 14:54 GMT (UK) »
All the Pullinger baptisms in East Tisted around that time have parents Harry and Jeane
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 March 22 16:02 GMT (UK) »

Yes I have seen that thanks but this Mary just might be child of Henry Pullinger
     who got married to a Martha Mills in 1733 and she died 1734 if I have the right
     records that is, I am wondering if the Mary was Martha's, the Mary who bur 1734
     and Martha died from complications later on after birth of 'mary', its just that poss
     Martha had a child by Henry Pullinger, the Bp record in the PR might just give a
     parent, I hope that makes sense.

Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 March 22 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Working from a transcript, over a period of 5 or so years (mid 1729 - mid 1735) there are 18 baptisms recorded in the register, but 14 of them do not have any parents' names recorded at all.  The transcript specifically says 'blank'.

A few years prior to this, there was a John recorded as father of a number of children in East Tisted - no mothers' names recorded.  There was also an Arthur just before that.

The burial of Mary in Aug 1734 does not indicate that she was a child, but it  seems that whoever was keeping the register at that time did not record this sort of information.  Although 10 years previously, inf was used for child burials, after 1724 for 30 years that term is not used, but I'm sure some of the burials were probably children.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 March 22 20:14 GMT (UK) »

Ok thanks Nell it was only a rough guess on the marys parentage..

Thanks again..mick