Author Topic: MIA mother  (Read 512 times)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MIA mother
« on: Saturday 12 March 22 07:25 GMT (UK) »
how does one check a status on my elderly mother?  last known was a divorce record on scotland people.....  but that was yonks ago......   i havent got total access to internet at moment so a private message would be preferred.......    she was born 1942........putting her at abt 80 if still alive....... thx folks

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: MIA mother
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 March 22 08:50 GMT (UK) »
how does one check a status on my elderly mother?  last known was a divorce record on scotland people.....  but that was yonks ago......   i havent got total access to internet at moment so a private message would be preferred.......    she was born 1942........putting her at abt 80 if still alive....... thx folks
Look her up in the deaths index at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk - the deaths of married and divorced women are indexed by their maiden and all married surnames, and you can search using her mother's maiden surname.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MIA mother
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 23:33 BST (UK) »
80 is not particularly elderly, so unless you believe she is in poor health more likely to be alive. 

Has she lived all her life in Scotland, or elsewhere?  Would she have retired abroad? etc etc.