Author Topic: Grandparents married in Hull  (Read 91575 times)

Offline vanblom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grandparents married in Hull
« Reply #90 on: Monday 11 March 24 04:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
Thanks for the sharing of the various bits of info here. I am researching the van Blommestein family in RSA and have Arthur Batchelder as married to Catherine van B. UKSOUTHAFRICA you mentioned they had four children? I currently have 2 on record. Can you help me with those details please. Would be much appreciated.
With regard to their possible divorce, as raised by NEALE1961, I had a ref to a NAAIRS record for that, but the link doesn't work anymore. sorry. But my record suggests that they did file for divorce. I attached the following note to the divorce notation -
Application made "In Forma Pauperis"
In forma pauperis means "in the character or manner of a pauper". The phrase is Latin in origin. In certain legal proceedings, a person may file a request seeking permission from the court to proceed with a case in forma pauperis, which means the person is asking the court to waive its filing fees. It is a legal status afforded to a person by the court and enables people of low income or no income to have access to the courts.

**Does anyone have further info about William (Willem) Jacobus van B b 1830 Stellenbosch? He is Catherine's father, but I can't get back beyond his birth for parents details.
Greta discussion everyone!

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grandparents married in Hull
« Reply #91 on: Monday 11 March 24 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vanblom, Have you downloaded the Batchelder Family Chart which is at the bottom of reply #74, on page 9 of this thread?. It lists all the children.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)