Author Topic: Translate German to English  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Robneve

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Translate German to English
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 24 March 22 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Sorry folks I do respond to posts, but I have been sick again with a recurring problem.  I do deeply appreciate all you have done and, indeed, did not think I would ever obtain as much help as you all of you have given me.  The one name not mentioned in that news item was my cousin as the people originally involved were not able to locate all the relatives of the crew of W5000.  It is an immense relief to know such fine detail of the last day of Gordon MacKenzie and his friends.  Words are not enough I know, but I do thank all very sincerely and this does close off my request.   Regards, Robert Allan

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 24 March 22 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Robert

I'm so sorry to hear that you  have been ill and do apologise for my rather hasty remark earlier.  The article was most interesting and not too difficult to translate.  I'm glad you found it helpful.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Robneve

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 24 March 22 23:05 GMT (UK) »
No problem.  Glad you enjoyed the story. I was very informative.
Thanks again,
Rob