Author Topic: Auchentoshan Ave  (Read 1128 times)

Offline tigers.wa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Auchentoshan Ave
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 March 22 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Forfarian. Thank you for all your help so far. You are spot on with your directions. Joseph and Daniel were indeed brothers, born to Daniel Marley and Mary Ann Marley nee McCluskey.

Joseph is father of Daniel Marley (m. Margaret Rowan Anderson), who I knew as my Grandfather.

Daniel (brother of Joseph) is my biological great Grandfather!

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 March 22 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, this crossed with your post above, but I'll leave it.

In the index to the 1911 census there is a Marley family consisting of Daniel, 34; Catherine, 29; Daniel, 7; Allan, 5; and Marley, 2.

In the 1901 census Joseph Marley, 26, born England, is in Old Kilpatrick with wife Mary, 29 and daughter Mary, 4.

In 1891 there's a Marley family in Old Kilpatrick consisting of Daniel, 44, born Port Glasgow; Mary, 35, born Ireland; Joseph, 16; Daniel, 13; Mary,11; all born England; Patrick, 9, born Lanarkshire; and John, 4, born Old Kilpatrick.

This same family is in Old Kilpatrick in 1881, Joseph being 6, Daniel 4 and Mary 2.

Joseph Marley was born in Liverpool in 1874, mother's maiden surname McClusky. Daniel Marley was born in Liverpool in 1877, mother's maiden surname McCluskey.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 December 22 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Greetings to all. My name is David Marley and I am interested in any information regarding my father James (Jim) Marley and his family. His mother and father were Daniel (Dan) Marley and Margaret (Peggy) Marley nee Anderson who lived on Auchentoshan Ave.

Of particular interest to me is the fact that Dan and Peggy were not my father's biological parents. The biological parents were John Hector Marley and Catherine Clarke who lived in Clydebank, Whitecrook, I think. I am keen to know the connection between John Hector Marley and Daniel Marley.

Any information would be most appreciated.

David Marley
Stevenson,Wright,  Antrim, Armagh.
McGowan,McGregor, Wright, Alexandria.   Grattan, McCauley. Ireland