Author Topic: Jean Golden and John Morgan  (Read 421 times)

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jean Golden and John Morgan
« on: Saturday 19 March 22 06:27 GMT (UK) »
Jean and John were born and married in Ireland.  Their children came to Scotland and lived in Ayrshire and Lanarkshire, mostly in mining.  I'd love to know if anyone has Jean and John in their tree.
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Golden and John Morgan
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 March 22 07:49 GMT (UK) »

Perhaps the Ayrshire board would be the best place to ask this question.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=123918.0

Have you checked the "surname interests" in the brown section under "your tools" at the bottom of each RootsChat page to see if there are any other researchers.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 March 22 11:27 GMT (UK) »
What timescale - no dates given in your post
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 March 22 11:30 GMT (UK) »

Posted on the Ireland Board

The children of John and Jean migrated to Scotland before 1841 (some are in the Census).  The eldest was Francis b 1788 in Ireland,  d 1856 in Glasgow.  They lived in Ayrshire and Lanarkshire.  I wonder if anyone has come across John and Jean - I don't know if they migrated to Scotland

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=860271.msg7292407#msg7292407

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 March 22 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Someone said there was no time scale.  The known dates are in the post, so I'm not sure what else is wanted.
McLaren, McKirdy, Gorman, Blyth, Paterson, Galloway, Morgan, Tait, McPherson, Anderson, Wylie, Mcgillvray, McAlees, Montague/McTague, Singleton, Campbell, McNaught, Robertson, Ferguson, Docherty, McGlinchy, McGarry, O'Hara, McMillan, Little, Blair, Smith, Batley, Rodger, McIntyre, Black, Miller, Small, Spurling, ?Golden, Brown, Flannaghan, Lawn, MCallum, McLean, Paton, Dickie, McAllister, Auld, Glen, Biggart, Orr, Thomson, Neil, Walker, Weir, Mcvichie, Henderson, Fernie, Spence, Ker

Offline sheenamac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 March 22 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Apologies, I think the time scale was asked for before I rewrote the post showing the dates.