Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 27TH March  (Read 3706 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 27TH March
« Reply #18 on: Friday 25 March 22 16:34 GMT (UK) »
I also recorded the Bayeux Tapestry programme, quite interesting, when I got round to watching it! A really interesting creation (And I recall Edith Swan neck, too Viktoria!).
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 25 March 22 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Roobarb, the blossom in your wood looks like blackthorn. It's very spiny.
"Beware the blackthorn winter", a old country saying. There are poems with the title "Blackthorn Winter".
Cowban

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 25 March 22 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Yes it is blackthorn, there were bumper crops of Sloe berries in the autumn. And no, I didn't make any gin!  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 25 March 22 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Today I went on a visit to my nieces and saw all the family including, of course, the twins.   They seem to be growing so fast.   Still as different as can be although the one thing they do have in common is they both love their food.   Twice a month Mum takes them to a special Mum's and Twins group.   They both love it there.   I attach a photo of them taken yesterday having a snack.

They relish every mouthful!

Another sunny day and the girls are loving being able to play in the garden enjoying their swing and slide.   Next Tuesday morning my niece and my nephews wife are taking the girls to the swimming pool and then I am meeting them afterwards so we can go out for lunch together.   A shame the weather will have changed by them else we could have eaten outside.

Meeting up with my sister on Sunday.   Looks like tomorrow is our last sunny day (17C).   Forecast for Sunday is 11C and cloudy!!

Hope all you ladies enjoy Mothers Day in one form or another.   Stay safe.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 25 March 22 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Beautiful  babies, they  are  growing up very quickly

Spent this afternoon and evening  setting up the hall for  the Church fayre, we  thought we didn't have anyone to set up the tables  but along came a man to
help, we were relieved to see him, lugging  heavy   tables is such hard work  , all of  us over 70 except one who isn't strong enough to do it, hopefully  we  have a  good day tomorrow and all the hard  work is worthwhile

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 25 March 22 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, they are lovely.
I tried to send a little video of our baby now four months two weeks,she is watching Flash Harry jump up and down ,trying to keep up with him,her eyes out of sync but  real  out loud laughter.
Another where she is on her back ,but can see the Sudocream ,just had a nappy change .
She struggles and struggles and gets a rocking motion and eventually rocks over on to her tummy, but has knocked the pot of cream away so looks for it .
Leans on one hand and smacks the floor with the other .
At that age I don’t remember mine being so forward ,but we kept them lying flat for longer .

Hope your Fayre does well L.M.
Our ChurchLadies’Group  and M.U.disbanded,so few able bodied and no men ,
it was impossible to move heavy boxes ,set up big tables etc ,then everything away after baking and sandwich making days before.
Sad ,we have not had our farewell party yet .
I was the longest serving member of the MU.
There was nothing else considered “ respectable “ when I was in my early twenties .

Cheerio, hope those we know to be ill are improving and any we don’t know about too.
Cheerio. Viktoria.
Hope everyone has a lovely day on lSunday .

Well a weather change next week ,much colder.
Lots of tender shoots could be lost .
Look after yourselves ,Covid is not going away is it!
Viktoria.

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 26 March 22 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Lovely pics of the twins Annette, my how they’re growing up so fast …lovely for you to have such fun and enjoyment with them..

Roobarb fancy not picking all those berries and making sloe gin!

LM - good luck with your fair tomorrow at least the weathers going to be good so should bring people out and about..

Viktoria- it would be lovely to see pics of your little one and FH too… well our WI closed last year after 101 years… very sad but no one wanted to stand as officers apparently and it was all done and dusted without us holding a meeting for two years!

Considering we’re going to be back to cooler weather next week it’ll give us a chance to see how our new log burner works!

Hope we don’t get chilly nights as our magnolia tree is coming into flower and it looks beautiful…

Friends daughter, one who makes beautiful bridal jewellery, has just had an auction of some headdress samples and raised £4,000 for Ukraine…which is a lovely thing to do…

Well we’re down to our daughters on Sunday for Mother’s Day going to Kew pity it’s not going to be nice and sunny! Early start though to be with them by 9am to watch eldest grandson play in a football match… can’t wait and with clocks going forward 😩😩.
Have a good weekend everyone

Caroline

Oh meant to say on Wednesday-we we’re watching comments on the chancellor’s
 Statement and they were interviewing people in Bury market… I kept my eye out for Viktoria… but of course I don’t know what you look like 😂😂.. silly me!
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 26 March 22 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Oh I am tall,blonde, with amazing eyes ,up to the minute in fashion with a stunning figure and legs!
No small, quite slim,dark with silver mingled hair ,brown eyes a bit of a mess at the moment ,legs ,yes I have two.
How kind to donate so much , a lot of effort in the making of the jewellery too.
Sloe berries need pricking,each and every one!Otherwise the flavour does not come through int the gin.
Must get on.
CLOCKS tomorrow.
Spring forward  , Fall (Autumn ) back.
Cheerio.  Viktoria ( ‘ er as as two legs!)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 26 March 22 15:53 GMT (UK) »
I've got a poor, probably pot-bound magnolia here, it's "Stellata" and is busy being an absolute star today!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)