Author Topic: Tried to put new colour cartridges in Canon printer, can't get decent print  (Read 494 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I know I'm pretty dim, but OH kindly loaded new colour cartridge in my Canon (MG3650S) printer, we tried to follow the instructions through, all coming out with pallid horizontal lines, and trying to follow online manual simply seems to take us round in circles. and we seem to get nowhere. Any idiot-prooof guidance, please? His printer is working fine, mine is all horizontal lines
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline rayard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Tried to put new colour cartridges in Canon printer, can't get decent print
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 March 22 16:28 GMT (UK) »
My husband found a solution on Youtube, the Canon instructions were hopeless!
rayard.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 March 22 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Yes, we've already ended up cross-eyed with the unfollowable Canon  manual. I'll try a hunt on Youtube. Thanks, it's worth a try.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 March 22 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried cleaning the print heads?  I recently had to replace some cartridges in my Epson printer & had very poor print quality.  Had to clean the heads twice

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 March 22 21:03 GMT (UK) »
My printer isn't a Canon but I think this would apply to any make of printer. Please understand that it's taking a lot of courage for me to admit to this  :-[ :-[ :-[   :

When I install a new printer cartridge there's a bit of tape that you have to remove from the back of the cartridge before installing. I forgot to remove it.  :-[ :-[ :-[
Of course the printing was coming out a mess, the printer head had chewed up some of the tape but as soon as I removed the rest of it the printing was fine. I was relieved that it hadn't damaged the printer head.
So if you have a similar set up it might be worth checking. Of course it could be something else entirely, in which case, good luck.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 00:19 GMT (UK) »
I can't seem to clean the print heads by following the online manual's instructions, I'd ecpected to have to do that, CaroleW.
Roobarb, I know of the bit of tape thingy... no, not that. Thanks.
TY

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 00:42 GMT (UK) »
It does sound as if the heads need cleaning.  Did the last colour cartridge start printing as you describe?

I've not had a Canon printer for a few years but this is how they suggest cleaning:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance1400.html

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 00:52 GMT (UK) »
It might be worth printing a nozzle check pattern before you run a clean.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/MG3600%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_nozzle.html
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***