Author Topic: Woolleys of Liverpool or Broxton, Cheshire  (Read 2963 times)

Offline idyia14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Woolleys of Liverpool or Broxton, Cheshire
« Reply #63 on: Monday 04 April 22 00:44 BST (UK) »
David, i wonder if you could see if you can find Mary Woolley (born Burmardsley, Cheshire, about 1876) in the 1921 census? Hilda (born 1913) has been located in Bootle living with a Williams family.

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 04 April 22 09:57 BST (UK) »
I can see Hilda as Wooley but the only possible Mary is in Penistone, Yorkshire.
Mary Woolley b 1876 born in Cheshire. She is with an Alfred Woolley, born in Broxton in 1872.
However, on the previous census, she gave her birth as Flintshire

David

Offline idyia14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 04 April 22 10:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking but it's probably a bit inconclusive. I was hoping that she would be on the same record as Hilda (with Hilda labelled "granddaughter"!)

Offline idyia14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 04 April 22 10:17 BST (UK) »
I have a couple of photographs of the Trimarco side of the family. I was hoping that someone who has access to the Trimarco tree in ancestry.com would be able to compare and possibly identify some of the people in these pictures. The first is the Woolley-Trimarco wedding in 1926. The bride and groom are John Woolley (born 1903) and Angela Maria Trimarco. The couple on the far left of the picture at the back are Angela's parents. The woman second on the right at the back is John Woolley's mother but I don't know if it is his father next to her. The girl on the extreme right is Hilda Woolley. The other people are unknown.

Offline idyia14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 04 April 22 10:23 BST (UK) »
The second photo is a Trimarco wedding - one of Angela's sisters but I don't know which one. The Trimarco parents are the balding chap seated on the left and the largish woman seated second from the right. John and Angela Woolley are at the back to the left of the groom. The other people are unknown but some look very similar to the previous picture. I would say that this photo might have been taken within a couple of years of the previous picture.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 04 April 22 10:47 BST (UK) »
the second one is on a tree and is labelled "Kate Trimarco's wedding"

so Catherina, to George Bradley 1928

Offline idyia14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 04 April 22 11:19 BST (UK) »
I suspected it might be because I figured it had to be fairly close to the Woolley-Trimarco wedding in 1926. Thanks for the confirmation!

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Monday 04 April 22 14:41 BST (UK) »
The 1921 Mary in Penistone was born Pritchard and Alfred was the son of George and Mary nee Formston(e), married in Tilston, near Broxton, in 1872.

Difficult to name the people in the photos because of the age differences, but this is a snapshot.

David

Offline idyia14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 05 April 22 03:18 BST (UK) »
Hmmm....yes, not so easy. The young man to the left of the groom in the Woolley photo could possibly be Pietro (being the only son in the family), and I'd say that the young ladies in front of the Trimarco parents were Trimarco girls, while the ones on the right could be Woolley girls (none of the Woolleys look terribly happy!) The lady seated second from the left in this picture looks to be the same person sitting on the floor at the right in the Trimarco wedding photo, and the little girl in the centre of the Trimarco wedding appears to be the same as the one front right in the Woolley photo.

I take it there were no names posted on the photo labelled "Kate Trimarco's wedding"?