Author Topic: Catherine Graham, born 1901 Jarrow on Tyne  (Read 672 times)

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Graham, born 1901 Jarrow on Tyne
« on: Tuesday 29 March 22 11:10 BST (UK) »
I have a couple of ladies I am stuck on.
Catherine Graham, born 1901 Jarrow on Tyne, last seen 1957,  a spinster. I would like to find what happened to her after 1957, I believe she lived in Ayrshire and possibly died there.
Veronica Johnson, her niece,  born 1937 Newborne Suffolk,  died  a few years ago, I would like to find her address where she was born as it will place her mother and fill in some missing links.
Johnson, Coleman, Graham, Dixon, Thewlis

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: can help with F.H.R.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 11:17 BST (UK) »
Catherine Graham, born 1901 Jarrow on Tyne, last seen 1957,  a spinster. I would like to find what happened to her after 1957, I believe she lived in Ayrshire and possibly died there.
Veronica Johnson, her niece,  born 1937 Newborne Suffolk,  died  a few years ago, I would like to find her address where she was born as it will place her mother and fill in some missing links.

Have you looked for a death for Catherine on Scotlands people.

Are you sure that Veronica is not still living as you will need to remove her name if she is.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 11:32 BST (UK) »

Have you looked for a death for Catherine on Scotlands people.

Are you sure that Veronica is not still living as you will need to remove her name if she is.

Yes I am sure Veronica is not living, I have the death certificate.  There is no doubt about it. 
I dont know how to get on Scotland's People, however I have  Catherine's address in Troon on her mother's death certificate from 1947.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 11:38 BST (UK) »
Link to Scotlands People , you may need to register.  You can order any certificates from there   
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01req/

Veronicas birth certificate can be obtained from the GRO
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 12:39 BST (UK) »
Link to Scotlands People , you may need to register.  You can order any certificates from there   
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01req/

Veronicas birth certificate can be obtained from the GRO
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp

i have just requested Veronica's bc. Did not realise it was possible to do that as 1937 is not covered by the GRO Index.
Catherine is still a mystery though as she was a spinster and the last address I have  for her is 1947.  I am trying to learn more about her. She had already left home by 1921.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 13:23 BST (UK) »
The 1937 birth registration is not showing on the index on GRO website because it has not been digitised.  A few years ago GRO had contracts for outside 'firms' to digitise them all but they did not finish the project.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Graham, born 1901 Jarrow on Tyne
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 15:00 BST (UK) »
The birth of Veronica Johnson, mother's maiden surname Graham, is indexed at https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl  - Deben, 1937, December quarter, Vol 4a, page 1459.

I believe that you can use references in FreeBMD to order certificates from the GRO.

Do you know the maiden name of Catherine Graham's mother?

Did Veronica marry and if so what was her husband's surname? Did she die in England? If so, what is her exact date of birth according to the deaths index?

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Veronica died in 2011 in Newcastle upon Tyne. I could have got more info from her while she was alive but at the time I was not interested in the family history much. I knew she was the only child that was born "down south"  and it was because the family had gone there for some reason shortly before WW2. I am trying to find if they were on the land settlement association programme, and if I can get an address of her bc it will unlock clues to the family's story. She married twice, once in the 1970s to a Mr Robson and then she married another chap after Mr Robson sadly died.
I did get the GRO ref and have sent for her bc.
Catherine Graham' born 1901 Jarrow- her mother was also  Catherine maiden name Coleman. I have her Christening record, 1901 and 1911 census records,  and I know she was a roman catholic and in 1947 was listed as a spinster. I believe she never married but have no hard evidence other than the 1947 fact. I have something from 1957 but no address in 1957.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 17:41 BST (UK) »
Catherine Coleman married Patrick Graham in 1898 in Newcastle-on-Tyne. Children born before 1911 census are:
Mary 1899
Catherine (Kate) 1901
Rose Ann 1903
John 1905
Margaret 1908
James 1909/1910

A Margaret Graham married Thomas C Johnson in Tynemouth in 1929. Could they be Veronica's parents?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.