Author Topic: Pickford / Pittford and Barfet / Barford and Chislet  (Read 990 times)

Offline 3lle00

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pickford / Pittford and Barfet / Barford and Chislet
« on: Tuesday 29 March 22 15:56 BST (UK) »
Richard Chislett married Jenny / Jane Barfet (spelling varies) in 1765 Temple Combe. Jenny from Abbas Combe and Richard from Horsington (nearby)

Through free reg and misspelled Jonny as male I've managed to find a records for Jane being born in 1746 March Temple Combe to George and Mary.

Through FreeReg and Ancestry and George Burpett from Abbas Combe / Temple Combe married Mary Pickford from Henstridge (Nearby Temple Combe/Abbas Combe in the 20 December 1745. I'm presuming she was pregnant when marrying as the record is close.

I cannot find through ancestry/findmypast/freereg/etc any indication of

where Richard Chislett, George Burfet/Burford or Mary Pickford was born. I've had a quick look at the deaths too hoping this would give some indication but could not find anything.

Any suggestions or help appreciated :)

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pickford / Pittford and Barfet / Barford and Chislet
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 March 22 22:46 BST (UK) »
Here's a possible scenario for Mary, which explains why there's no sign of her burial but not what happened to George:

George died or left soon after the marriage. Mary then lived with a Samuel Mullens but didn't officially marry him until much later. (Perhaps when word came that George had died.) There are three possible children who all died young.

James base son of Mary Mullen buried in 1748
Anna base daughter of Mary Burford and Sam Mullens, baptised and buried in 1750
Dorcas/Darcas base daughter of Mary Burfett baptised 1755, buried 1756

Samuel Mullens married Mary Burford at Templecombe in 1768
Samuel Mullens buried 1772
Mary Mullins buried 1791

Just a possibility, of course.

David