Author Topic: How long does 23 and me tAke to show and do results?  (Read 405 times)

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
How long does 23 and me tAke to show and do results?
« on: Saturday 02 April 22 10:52 BST (UK) »
Posted two weeks ago and not even showing as received
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How long does 23 and me tAke to show and do results?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 April 22 11:31 BST (UK) »
I've just looked at relevant e-mails from them and attached a snip .

I don't have a date for sending the sample to them. The 5th would be when I registered it.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 April 22 14:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 April 22 16:12 BST (UK) »

I seem to remember 23andme as being quicker than Ancestry were.

Interesting to see that they have a bigger Database than My Heritage, although Ancestry has the biggest of all... ;D

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 April 22 16:51 BST (UK) »
Well I tested with Ancestry, but wanted to cover all bases

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 April 22 17:21 BST (UK) »

Snap! Because of my Brickwall with my paternal grandfather, I tested with Ancestry, uploaded from there to FTDNA and My Heritage, and then also tested with Living DNA and 23andme…

I have found matches on 23andme who haven’t tested anywhere else, and one who does link back to my paternal grandfather, and so it was worthwhile for me testing there too.

The 23andme Site is rather frustrating, and they’ve made lots of mistakes with the Tree that they do for you. However, I like the Shared Relatives function, and I’ve had more replies to messages on there than I’ve had on Ancestry.

Hopefully you’ll hear from them soon.

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 April 22 19:17 BST (UK) »

I seem to remember 23andme as being quicker than Ancestry were.

Interesting to see that they have a bigger Database than My Heritage, although Ancestry has the biggest of all... ;D

Romilly.
Unfortunately the database size is probably misleading, as only a small percentage of 23andme users choose to enable  relative finding, whereas on Ancestry/MyHeritage/FTDNA the vast majority do so :(. Of the people that do, there is no tree matching, and people that list ancestral names and places are a minority. However, like you I have found people quite responsive, although the lack of response on Ancestry may be to do with the useless messenging system ::).

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 02 April 22 19:32 BST (UK) »

I don’t know if this Link will work, but it’s quite an interesting Blog:

https://i0.wp.com/thednageek.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Screen-Shot-2022-03-29-at-2.37.19-PM.png?w=1152&ssl=1

Romilly.
Researching: