Author Topic: Thomas Middlemiss- marriage to SarahStorey1823 and ElizabethStorey1829COMPLETED  (Read 387 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Can anyone help me unravel this conundrum please. I have found 2 marriages for Thomas Middlemiss: 25th May 1823 to Sarah Storrey in Tynemouth and 19th April 1829 to Elizabeth Storrey in Morpeth.
Can anyone see any additional information on either of these marriages to help me work out if there are 2 men called Thomas Middlemiss or did Thomas marry one sister followed by the other?

Sep research seems to imply that there is a burial for both thomas and Sarah in Blyth Old churchyard which leads me to think that the marriage in 1829 to Elizabeth is to a different thomas but i would appreciate your guidance.
Thank you.
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Middlemiss- marriage to Sarah Storey 1823 and Elizabeth Storey 1829
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 April 22 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hopefully someone has access to the PARISH registers for both marriages, rather than the "dreaded" transcriptions.  :-X  I can't see anything on FindMyPast, Ancestry or FS.  ADDED:  Or FreeReg.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 April 22 18:03 BST (UK) »
N and D FHS don't offer any more information on the 1829 marriage.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 April 22 20:10 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast Baptisms (image/transcript)

George, bap 1823, son of Thomas and Sarah Middlemas, abode Hebburn Quay, father's occpn Husbandman, Parish Church Jarrow plus (transcript only) George Middlemis, bap 21 Dec 1823, St Paul Jarrow, parents Thomas and Sarah
John, bap 19 Jun 1825, son of Thomas and Sarah Middlemas, abode Hebburn Quay, parish church Jarrow, father's occpn husbandman, Parish church Jarrow
Thomas, bap 17 Jun 1827, Thomas, son of Thomas and Sarah Middlemass, Hebburn Quay, parish Church Jarrow, father's occpn Husbandman
Sarah Caroline, bap 12 Dec 1830, dau of Thomas and Sarah Middlemass, abode Burnhead, parish church jarrow, father's occpn Husbandman

Parish Church Ilderton

Image/transcript
James, bap 19 Jul 1829, son of Thomas and Elizabeth Middlemas, abode Caulder , father's occpn Mason

transcript only
John, bap 9 Oct 1831, son of Thomas and Elizabeth Middlemas, place Ilderton,
George, bap 30 Mar 1834, parish Morpeth, parents Thomas and Elizabeth Middlemas

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 April 22 09:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much- I am now of the opinion that the marriage of Thomas to sarah Storey is the right line for my research and the baptism extracts for their children fits perfectly! Thank you so very much xx
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)