Author Topic: DNA test left me floundering (was re: George Haycock from Lancashire)  (Read 22693 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: DNA test left me floundering (was re: George Haycock from Lancashire)
« Reply #36 on: Monday 18 April 22 23:23 BST (UK) »
Here are the details from FreeBMD which you need to insert in your application on

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/indexes_search.asp

Births Dec 1927 

Haycock    Albert J R    Rosewell    Lambeth    1d   361   

This is exactly how it's recorded on GRO index...

HAYCOCK, ALBERT  JOHN     ROSEWELL 
GRO Reference: 1927  D Quarter in LAMBETH  Volume 01D  Page 361

In both cases, Rosewell is MMS.

Unfortunately, regardless of who the father of A J was, his surname is that of his mother's legal surname which was Haycock.

A J was not recorded under any other surname which suggests, if he was illegitimate, his 'biological' father wasn't present when his birth was recorded/registered.

I'd be very surprised if indeed a different father was named on a baptism if it occurred but who knows?

I would  have  assumed  by the time AJR   was  born the  mother  would  have registered   the birth as her child, I stand  to  be  corrected of course .
LM

In my thinking there may have been a 'possibility' of Gertrude being the mother, a pre-arrangement with Emily & Jack being the 'parents', I doubt any proof would be needed for them/her (Emily) to register the birth with them as parents?

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"