Author Topic: Burial Look Up please for 1906.  (Read 289 times)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Burial Look Up please for 1906.
« on: Monday 04 April 22 23:07 BST (UK) »
Have been revisiting some of my family tree ancestors and was hoping someone may have access to burial records or information who could kindly help me fill in the blank spaces.

I would like to find a burial for Eliza Skelson. The only details I have ( although I am unsure how I acquired them ) are that Eliza died July 1906 aged 71 in Leicester.

Many thanks for all offers of help and assistance.

Steve  ;)
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Look Up please for 1906.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 April 22 23:56 BST (UK) »
The only details I have ( although I am unsure how I acquired them ) are that Eliza died July 1906 aged 71 in Leicester

Check freebmd - name was Elizabeth

Where was she living in 1901?

Here are all the areas covered by the Leics RD

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/leicester.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 22 02:35 BST (UK) »
She was buried at Welford Road Cemetery, Plot A727

29 Aug 1906 Eliza Skelson, 71, of 13 Harrison Street.

It was a freehold grave at the time of Eliza's burial but had previously been a common grave.  People in the same plot have the surnames Baxter, McKillop & Rose (1866-1873), then in 1900 an Emily Rowley aged 26 was buried there.  Eliza was the final burial. 
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 April 22 12:53 BST (UK) »
The only details I have ( although I am unsure how I acquired them ) are that Eliza died July 1906 aged 71 in Leicester

Check freebmd - name was Elizabeth

Where was she living in 1901?

Here are all the areas covered by the Leics RD

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/leicester.html

Thanks Carole for your post, I knew it was a long shot asking for information and that Leicester covers several parishes as per your link. Think I am lucky in this instance though, looks like Jomot has come up trumps  ;D

She was buried at Welford Road Cemetery, Plot A727

29 Aug 1906 Eliza Skelson, 71, of 13 Harrison Street.

It was a freehold grave at the time of Eliza's burial but had previously been a common grave.  People in the same plot have the surnames Baxter, McKillop & Rose (1866-1873), then in 1900 an Emily Rowley aged 26 was buried there.  Eliza was the final burial.

Hi Jomot,

Many thanks for taking the time to look up the information before posting your reply  ;D

I am really grateful as I knew it was going to be a big ask. I also appreciate the extra information you supply regarding the common grave, thank you very much indeed, you have been very generous with your time  ;D

Steve  ;)
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.