Author Topic: Patrick Colbert born about 1845  (Read 579 times)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Colbert born about 1845
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 August 22 21:56 BST (UK) »
1841 - Patrick Colbert and Margaret Sheehan, in Tipperary, Carrick-on-Suir, Ireland, Diocese of Waterford and Lismore.

RI disagrees on the mother's surname.

They list several other children born to that couple (with multiple spelling variations, so single search may not locate them all).

The Carrick-on-Suir baptism suggests that Margaret was from there, and there is a baptism of a Margaret Shanahan there in the 1800s.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Poppyarchie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 August 22 22:38 BST (UK) »
The details of the baptism on Ancestry are
Patricius Colbert
Baptism Age   0
Event Type   Baptism
Birth Date   1841
Baptism Date   6 Aug 1841
Baptism Place   Tipperary, Carrick-on-Suir, Ireland
Diocese   Waterford and Lismore
Father   Patricu Colbert
Mother   Marg Sheehan

There's also the original image but it doesn't give any more info than the transcript and is very hard to read, so mother's name may not be transcribed correctly. What mother's name does RI have? I have two possible other names for her (from Patrick Colbert marriages I found) Condon and Harrington but they were both married after 1841.

I've made a note of what you've said about other siblings (finding them could really help if they came to England too and are on censuses) and the possible baptism of Margaret, and I'll investigate them when I do my 24hr blitz.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 August 22 23:40 BST (UK) »
Original register entry at bottom of this page
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632156#page/166/mode/1up

Ancestry transcription is incorrect - mother's surname is Shanahan, in agreement with RI.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Poppyarchie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 August 22 00:08 BST (UK) »
That's brilliant - thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it!