Author Topic: Munros of Dingwall  (Read 3272 times)

Offline keera

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Munros of Dingwall
« on: Sunday 04 September 05 05:32 BST (UK) »
My interests are with Hugh Munro (born 1764?) and Mary McGregor (born 1766?) whose son Donald marries in 1812 Elizabeth Macrae (parents Colin Macrae and Mary Stewart). With their large family, they emigrate to Sydney Australia in the 1830's. Dingwall is the town mentioned but I know very little else. I would appreciate help in finding out more info on my Munros
Barnes & Cozens Lacock, Chippenham Wiltshire
Munro Macrae (Dingwall Scotland)
Middlemiss,(Berwick on Tweed Blackford Scotland)
Paterson (Stirling Scotland)
Parker & Page (Attleborough Northumberland)
Fowler, Patey & Bassett (London)
McInnes &McColl (Lismore & Stirling)

Offline Beauly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Munros of Dingwall
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 September 05 12:36 BST (UK) »
I cannot help you directly but as the representative of the Clan Munro in Australia, I put out a newsletter 3 times a year. In it we have a genealogy section in which I include requests for information from members & non members & this has been reasonably successful. If you would like your request included in the next newsletter just let me know.

Your name "Keera" intrigues me as a number of our members in Australia are descended from a Munro Family whose first property in New South Wales was called Keera. In fact one of our members lives in a house called Keera. I would love to know what is your connection with that name?

Offline keera

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Munros of Dingwall
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 September 05 07:10 BST (UK) »
Is that you Don? I put Keera because Chris etc was taken. Now it's strange you mentioned it. Keera was the middle name of one of more my interesting ancestors. She was born Elizabeth Keera Rankin in 1854. Her father who disappeared or left when she was young was James Rankin a gold digger from Edinburgh. That is all I know of him but now I am  wondering about 'keera' myself!
Barnes & Cozens Lacock, Chippenham Wiltshire
Munro Macrae (Dingwall Scotland)
Middlemiss,(Berwick on Tweed Blackford Scotland)
Paterson (Stirling Scotland)
Parker & Page (Attleborough Northumberland)
Fowler, Patey & Bassett (London)
McInnes &McColl (Lismore & Stirling)