Author Topic: Furnell, Smith, Rose, Mills, Blackmun/Blackman, Bell family questions  (Read 283 times)

Offline Haileeh

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Furnell, Smith, Rose, Mills, Blackmun/Blackman, Bell family questions
« on: Monday 11 April 22 03:50 BST (UK) »
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate the help. I did a DNA test and uploaded my raw data recently and I have been trying to figure out my family history. My grandmother (passed on can’t ask anyway) was abandoned at a hospital and her side has links to the names above (found a full blood brother of hers that also took a test and found them that way.) It flat out said Roma dna, as well as some near East, Asian, Eastern European, Irish, English and Iberian. I’ve found some names that link to travelers and our raw dna shows codes that pretty much confirms the Roma dna when the rest is considered. This is news to us and I would love to figure it out. I found a marriage between the smiths and Fernells in 1840. Also marriages between The Mills and the Smiths, the Roses and the Smiths, And a few others. There are first names like Zada in there as well. I think that side came to the USA from England. Anyone able to shine  some light if I’m understanding this correctly? It’s hard when there’s no family stories or anything due to adoption and I can’t ask my dad because he’s also passed and my mom is mentally disabled now.