Author Topic: Robert Argyle Green - Maud Alice Green Burial lookup!  (Read 756 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Argyle Green - Maud Alice Green Burial lookup!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 April 23 11:04 BST (UK) »
Did you not use the link I gave you in Reply 5? Free search shows Maud was cremated 23.12.1987 & Robert on 15.8.1990. 

Think you have to pay to get the location but for Maud I would hazard a guess it was Gilroes Crem as their post code is LE3 as was Goodings Ave

Thank you so much Carole, I am truly grateful for this information. I wasn't 100 as to whether buried or cremated so thank you.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 April 23 11:06 BST (UK) »
There is an announcement for Maud in the Leicester Daily Mercury 18 December 1987.

Funeral at Gooding Avenue United Reform Church on Wednesday 23rd December at 2.15 cremation following at Gilroes Crematorium.

There are some tributes as well, together with some in the paper on the following day.

The Book of Remembrance may have entries if you can visit, but I can't remember if it is the date of death or the cremation.

David

Thank you David, where would i find the links to these? I have been to gilroes and there is no entry in the remembrance book unfortunately.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 April 23 12:24 BST (UK) »
They are in www.findmypast.co.uk and probably www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk but you will need a subscription or credits to see the images.

I think the Book of Remembrance may only go back a few years, depending on how many have been on the same day since.

David

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 April 23 17:26 BST (UK) »
You should be able to get a free trial on British newspaper archive and get I think it is 3 free copies.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 April 23 19:25 BST (UK) »
Entries in the Book of Remembrance are dependant on family paying for the entry.

If they work the same way as the Crem in Liverpool - the relevant page is only available to view on the anniversary of the death
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)