Author Topic: Elizabeth Reynolds at Cottingham in 1816 help please!  (Read 227 times)

Offline Vasquez109

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Ask now! Tomorrow might be too late....
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Reynolds at Cottingham in 1816 help please!
« on: Tuesday 19 April 22 22:18 BST (UK) »
For nearly 15 years I have been working on my brick wall ancestor, my 4GG William Stevenson who according to the 1841,51 and 61 census was born c.1790 in Weston (by Welland?). On 5th Dec 1816 he married Sarah Spriggs at Cottingham and for years now ive been fruitlessly working away to no avail. I possibly have a best possible theory and thats about it, a further lineage based on detective work but no concrete evidence.

Going over my paperwork (again!) for the millionth time I cant quite help thinking "I must be missing something". Ive noticed a witness at Williams wedding called 'Elizabeth Reynolds', and the thought occurred to me that she might be related to William and not just a friend or relative of Sarah.

Is anyone able to help try and find her? All I have is her name as a witness. Dont know her age, place of birth or whether Reynolds is her maiden or married name. All I know is she turned up at Cottingham church on the 5th Dec 1816!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
David.
Northants - Stevenson, Smith, Spriggs, Hight, Dodson, Coleman
Swansea - Thomas, Williams, Howell, David, Rees, Griffiths, Jenkins, Bevan
Rutland - Hales
Derbyshire - Harlow, Riley, Pemberton, Aldred
Yorkshire - Stamper, Boyes, Duke
London - Harper, Wallis
Essex - Shelford, Wallis, Read, Stanes
Hertfordshire - Bishop
Cornwall - Johns, Soper, Rowe, Ball, Webb, Dunn, Quintrell, Hain, Oliver