Author Topic: Mass Observation Day 2022  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Observation Day 2022
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 15 May 22 20:21 BST (UK) »
CWT was a hundredweight I think??
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 15 May 22 21:39 BST (UK) »
  Viktoria - I have a similar problem with a sink too far from the boiler - in Summer I catch the spare water for the garden! I have wondered about a small water heater, but I think the electricity might be a problem. (But then I always see the problems. ::))

I have just sent my diary in, and reading through the previous ones I have discovered that I always seem to plant out my tomatoes in the green house near this date, and also that there has been at least one other year when I am still hanging on to my winter duvet in mid-May.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 15 May 22 21:53 BST (UK) »
Funny aren't we.
The light mornings always have me creeping out of the bedroom at silly o'clock apparently.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 15 May 22 22:26 BST (UK) »
Top of The Hill, yes that occurred to me ,but if the heater is not actually plumbed in ,but manually filled( not quite as basic as first appears) I have two options.
Can still use the tap with water from the boiler or the heater with water coming straight from that.
I would prefer to wash up after each meal but breakfast us literally a dish,spoon .beaker and spoon
Occasionally a knife plate and beaker if I have toast instead of cereal.
Then the breadboard needs washing .
Lunch is usually a sandwich ,and a cup of tea ,so mot much there.
Evening meal is pots and pans etc and  a hob clean and often my little Sage oven .Any prep boards etc.So the little water heater ought to be an
economy .
I use the little Sage oven instead of the big 60 cm oven .

Mind you if I wasn’t so forgetful and switched lights off etc etc , and played my CD’s less loudly !
Less often !

It is so irksome to run so much water and  it still not be scalding hot.
I wear rubber gloves so I can use really hot  water.
Must contact my friendly tame plumber

Viktoria.

P.S. Just watching The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebration ,wonderful and H.M seemed to really enjoy it all .What horsemanship !
We do do these things so well
 Omid Djalili has just thanked HM for choosing to attend tonight’s occasion over The State Opening of Parliament !
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Viktoria.