Author Topic: Toolbar headings  (Read 1823 times)

Online BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Re: Toolbar headings
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 June 22 19:04 BST (UK) »
Here`s  strange thing !

I`ve had a lot on my mind for various reasons and didn`t get round to sorting this out, but it has resolved itself now light grey!

Another question. I`m changing ISP soon, will my bookmarks remain the same or do I have to save them.

Thanks

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 June 22 19:45 BST (UK) »
The bookmarks are not dependant on your ISP and will remain the same as they are.

Offline garden genie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 June 22 20:48 BST (UK) »
The bookmarks are not dependant on your ISP and will remain the same as they are.
True, but it is still a good idea to back them up occasionally. Go to 'bookmarks' on the menu bar, then 'manage bookmarks' then import and backup.

My firefox highlights have changed back from blue to grey as well thank goodness!

Online BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 June 22 11:02 BST (UK) »
""My firefox highlights have changed back from blue to grey as well thank goodness!""

It`s beyond me !!!!

Thanks for all replies, going to back them up  right now.

Ok, I followed that and congratualted myself as it has appeared in my documents. However, it won`t open. A pop appears asking if I want to use that app to open it json files is ticked, but clicking ok nothing happens.

I " did" say it was beyond me !!!!!

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 June 22 11:26 BST (UK) »
The .json backup file isn't one that you can readily open by itself. In the 'Manage bookmarks' menu that garden genie described, one of the options is Restore, and the bottom item in the list allows you to choose the .json file that you created.

If you restore a bookmarks file, be aware that any existing/newer ones will be deleted. More info at

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/restore-bookmarks-from-backup-or-move-them
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 June 22 14:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

Online BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 05 February 24 11:51 GMT (UK) »
I`ve had another hiccup with this!!

I had to restore the toolbar again, (done successfully but with difficulty).

However, next to the address bar there`s something missing. It has the 2 arrows and the refresh button, but no symbol for the home page.

On second thoughts it`s 2 problems as I`ve managed to set Firefox as the defualt when I want it to be Google.

There seems to be loads of help out there, but could someone please tell me how to sort it out.

(words of one syllable may be preferable )

Thanks in advance

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 05 February 24 13:51 GMT (UK) »
However, next to the address bar there`s something missing. It has the 2 arrows and the refresh button, but no symbol for the home page.

The first thing to try with this is right-click on the toolbar, then select Customise Toolbar... (If you don't see this, try clicking in a different place in the toolbar, next to rather than on any of the icons.) This lets you add and remove items, and you can drag them to change the order. The Home button will be either in the list of unused items or in the Overflow menu (the one that the 2 arrows links to), and you can just drag it to where you want it.

On second thoughts it`s 2 problems as I`ve managed to set Firefox as the defualt when I want it to be Google.

In the Chrome menu (3 dots on the right), click Settings, then Default Browser. Click the button as instructed, and that should sort it.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you arthur !!!

It was "so" easy !! Well, easy when you know how !!!

Thanks again