Author Topic: Michael Horton BUSBY b 1803, Chesham, Buckinghmashire  (Read 713 times)

Offline Ashtone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Horton BUSBY b 1803, Chesham, Buckinghmashire
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 May 22 18:44 BST (UK) »
Various documents show Michael Horton BUSBY to have been born 1803, at Chesham, Buckinghamshire, but, I have been unable to find any record of his birth/baptism/christening.

Find My Past parish baptisms coverage for Chesham ends at 1794: https://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/buckinghamshire-index-parish-list

Source: These sets of indexes are from the Buckinghamshire Archives.

You could always reach out to the Bucks FHS, as they might have better Chesham baptism coverage for the period you are interested in.
https://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/index.php/database-searches/36-requested-searches/21-baptisms-searches

Offline Bret+0800

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 May 22 05:41 BST (UK) »
Various documents show Michael Horton BUSBY to have been born 1803, at Chesham, Buckinghamshire, but, I have been unable to find any record of his birth/baptism/christening.

You could always reach out to the Bucks FHS, as they might have better Chesham baptism coverage for the period you are interested in.
https://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/index.php/database-searches/36-requested-searches/21-baptisms-searches

If they had a free online index search facility, so that, if and when, a search finds the presence of a record, the user can then pay to obtain a copy of the record, that would be more appropriate than to simply pay them to do what I have already done - I had spent many hours, searching through microfiches, searching for the record that I could not find.

The web page, to which, the above, links, shows no evidence of the record.

If I could find the record, in a free online search, I would rapidly pay to obtain a copy of it. But, the above linked web page does not show any evidence that they have access to the record, that I have been trying decades to find.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 May 22 06:32 BST (UK) »
For purpose of sorting out children of Thomas and Sarah nee Bettle;

Bapts;
Sherrington
THOMAS BETTLE 15 Oct 1798
JONATHAN 06 Jul 1800
MARY ANN 08 Oct 1804
ELIZABETH KETTLE 14 Aug 1808

Burial there 10 Dec 1813 of THOMAS Busby age 37, abode North Crawley
(c 1776)

So a bit close to have bapt as Joseph Horton Busby 3 Feb 1801 after Jonathan

1851 Sarah seems to be alive born c 1776 North Crawley, Bedfordshire
( North Crawley is close to Beds/Bucks border)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Sussex Belle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 May 22 19:46 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Busby family of Sherington. Thomas and Sarah did not have a son Joseph. Father Thomas made a will 2 December 1813 and proved 4 January 1814, in which he mentions his three children, Mary Ann having died in 1805. He refers also to his father William and brother James but not Sarah his wife. Thomas appoints John Adkins, Thos Gent and Richard Humphreys joint executors and guardians of his children during their minorities.

Sherington records can be found on this site: http://www.mkheritage.org.uk/shhs/baptismsvol4.htm
Original images are included.