Author Topic: Emma Elizabeth (CORNWELL) PARKER  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Peter Cornwell

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emma Elizabeth (CORNWELL) PARKER
« on: Tuesday 10 May 22 11:57 BST (UK) »
My half-great aunt Emma Elizabeth CORNWELL was born at 9 South Street, Cambridge, on 26 August 1855. She married Arthur C PARKER in Stoke Newington Wesleyan Chapel on 4 January 1879 and they settled in his home town of Wells, Somerset, where they lived for over 30 years. I am trying to establish details of her death.

Most public family trees suggest that she died in Clevedon on 13 Jan 1945 but I doubt this. Probate records show the address on death of this Emma PARKER was Havyett, Clevedon, which the 1939 Register confirms while recording her date of birth as 9 Apr 1852. This Emma PARKER I believe was born Emma SWEET who was baptised in Kingston Seymour, Somerset, on 9 May 1852 the daughter of Richard & Elizabeth and who married baker Frederick PARKER on 11 Dec 1873 in Clevedon where they settled.   

Currently I suspect that my half-great aunt may have been the ‘Emily E. PARKER’ aged 65 who death was registered in Wells, Somerset, Q2 1920. But can anyone confirm or otherwise? Many thanks.
CORNWELLs (and variants) with origins in the ancient county of Cambridgeshire & Isle of Ely - any date.

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Elizabeth (CORNWELL) PARKER
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 May 22 14:08 BST (UK) »
1921 Census free search
Arthur Parker b 1852 Wells marital status widowed
Stanley C Parker 1895 Wells
Emily A Parker 1895 Wells
Joseph C Parker 1921 Wells

I'm sure you already know this
mmn of Stanley Cornwell Parker is Cornwell
mmn of Joseph Cornwall(?) Parker is Ridley
Stanley C Parker & Emily A Ridley married 1920 Wells

Offline Peter Cornwell

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Elizabeth (CORNWELL) PARKER
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 May 22 14:46 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your very prompt response. That seems to confirm what I suspected to be the case. Thanks again.   
CORNWELLs (and variants) with origins in the ancient county of Cambridgeshire & Isle of Ely - any date.