Author Topic: Ann Mumford - Balsall/Kineton  (Read 642 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Mumford - Balsall/Kineton
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 April 24 11:49 BST (UK) »
Could she have been named Hannah  ???

There is this baptism in Wroxhall but year 1829 father named William occ Labourer

From GENUKI
"WROXHALL, a parish in the Snitterfield division of Barlichway hundred, county Warwick, 6 miles N.W. of Warwick, and 4 from Kenilworth railway station........

Joseph & Ann Lowe have children William & Fanny in 1861 - could Fanny be named after a member of Ann's family? Joseph & Ann (born c1826) are with Joseph Lowe's parents William & Ann in 1851

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 April 24 21:04 BST (UK) »
Could she have been named Hannah  ???

There is this baptism in Wroxhall but year 1829 father named William occ Labourer

From GENUKI
"WROXHALL, a parish in the Snitterfield division of Barlichway hundred, county Warwick, 6 miles N.W. of Warwick, and 4 from Kenilworth railway station........

Joseph & Ann Lowe have children William & Fanny in 1861 - could Fanny be named after a member of Ann's family? Joseph & Ann (born c1826) are with Joseph Lowe's parents William & Ann in 1851

Possibly. I'm trying to keep an open mind here as I don't have Ann's baptism or death record, so I feel there must be something we're missing..

William (Labourer) would fit the marriage cert too. The William of Balsall is a farmer. However, on the 1851 & 1861 census it does state birthplace as Balsall on both.

It's funny you mention Fanny, she's listed on 1861 census with Joseph, Ann and William est. dob of 1856 but there's also a Fanny with the same estimated dob (1856) living with the William and Mary in the 1861 census with a relation 'granddaughter', birthplace Balsall. I doubt they are the same person? But odd that it matches.

I assumed Joseph & Mary's Fanny moved to Meriden, which is where I have her 1871 census as a servant, born Balsall, estimated dob. 1855 employer Mary Ward (68) grocer. The Fanny with William/Mary is still with them in the 1871 census. Might be worth looking at in greater detail.

I had a look for a Hannah Lowe death, or any female Lowe death in the district of Solihull between 1861 and 1871 in fact with no real results. May be her name was Fanny and not Ann, just clutching at straws now.

I'm descended from William Lowe, my grandfather told me a story about him, which I think is quite strange given he was born in 1853!

Offline Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 April 24 17:08 BST (UK) »
One of the obvious things I forgot to mention about the above is that one is 'Fanny MUMFORD' and one is 'Fanny LOWE', hence why I didn't think they were the same person. I'll look for a Fanny MUMFORD b. 1856 Balsall, to rule it out.

Update

Not the same person. Fanny MUMFORD was the illegitimate child of Charlotte MUMFORD prior to her marriage to John Whorwood in 1861.