Author Topic: Royal Navy WWI Medal cards  (Read 335 times)

Offline Pelican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Royal Navy WWI Medal cards
« on: Sunday 15 May 22 08:10 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me where these Royal Naval Medal Cards are now please? They do not seem to be with the National Archives now.

I am looking for the WWI Medal card for K13441 Stoker Petty Officer Philip Wedgwood Temple.

The Medal Roll I have found, but not the medal card. I also have his service record. It would be nice to have the medal card too.

Thanks in advance
Pelican

Offline tonepad

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Navy WWI Medal cards
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 May 22 09:26 BST (UK) »
Aucock/Aukett~Kent/Sussex, Broadway~Oxfordshire, Danks~Warwickshire, Fenn~Kent/Norfolk, Goatham~Kent, Hunt~Kent, Parker~Middlesex, Perry~Kent, Sellers~Kent/Yorkshire, Sladden~Kent, Wright~Kent/Essex

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 May 22 11:11 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me where these Royal Naval Medal Cards are now please? They do not seem to be with the National Archives now.

I am looking for the WWI Medal card for K13441 Stoker Petty Officer Philip Wedgwood Temple.

The Medal Roll I have found, but not the medal card. I also have his service record. It would be nice to have the medal card too.

Thanks in advance
Pelican

Unlike the Medal Index cards for the British Army, the Royal navy have Medal and Award Rolls. These can be found on Ancestry.co.uk

Philip W Temple received the Star Medal; the Victory Medal and the British War Medal. The Rolls show that he received his medals whilst based a Victory (a Naval shore base).

The link below will take you to the page of the Rolls that includes Philip. Also, in case you haven't seen it, his service sheet can be seen on Find My Past - link below as well.

If you don't have access to Ancestry or Find My past, most public libraries do have access at no cost to you.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discoveryui-content/view/1695839:1687?tid=&pid=&queryId=de6600ec680b87bb2005a06dd4e2f603&_phsrc=fui5231&_phstart=successSource

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM%2FADM188%2F893%2F0%2F0441&parentid=GBM%2FADM188%2F240753

Apologies -- I didn't read your post in full, I see that you have seen the Rolls and his service sheet. (I can only blame the after effects of too much red wine last night ;D ;D

Offline Pelican

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 May 22 07:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you both. It seems there are no medal cards then.  I was sure we had one for him at one time but could not find it, so perhaps we did not.

AllanUK, Hope it was good wine and a good night!!