Author Topic: problems with ancestry tree  (Read 497 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: problems with ancestry tree
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 May 22 10:14 BST (UK) »
All I can repeat is that although the view has changed all children in my tree where there are at least two marriages are still attached to the right parents.

I think that they are trying to show the total children to a particular person.  Maybe somebody else will be able to suggest an edit for you.

Personally I don't have too much trouble with Ancestry.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 May 22 11:07 BST (UK) »
From the screenshots you posted,  I'd conclude that all the children belong to William and Caroline - as there is a line across to connect William and Caroline together and from that connecting line it shows the children they had.

In the other view, though William and Frances are connected, the line down showing the children is from William only, so I'd conclude they were his children but not hers.

What happens if you click the circle with three lines in it on William's icon in the right hand screenshot?  (the left hand screen shot doesn't show enough to know if is on that one)
I'd assume you can choose to show his other spouse on the view, which would make it clearer who the parents of the children were?

Boo

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 May 22 12:17 BST (UK) »
thanks boo i clicked on those lines shows the spouses why do they have to change hings i struggle with change and thanks Phero sorry i find it verry stressfull when then change things