Author Topic: John wyman 1767 or 1763  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Margaret 1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John wyman 1767 or 1763
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 May 22 10:40 BST (UK) »
Oh Trish thank you for your suggestions and help it put me back on track. Firstly Anne Wells i believe is our direct ancestor who married John born 1763 and had all the children, the other Ann that you suggested born Blisworth is indeed Ann Carter married John b 1767, had one child Roseanna which our Auntie was called Edith Rosanna...popular name in the Wyman families!  I did not know that this John remarried Elizabeth Parker.
I did have information/record on Samuel that he married Sarah Jones and as you pointed out William is indeed his brother.  Again my grateful thanks sometimes when someone gives you a few pointers it all then comes together.

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 June 22 05:19 BST (UK) »
Good luck and glad I could help a little :) :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 30 July 22 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret

Maybe slightly off line but I wondered whether you had come across any spelling variations in this family. I have over 100 members of the Wymant family from various parts of Northamptonshire, particularly around the Gretton area but there is a whole mixture of spellings in the various documentation including Whyman, Whymant, Whymon, Wiman, Wimant, Wyman, Wymant, Wyment, Wymon, Wymond, Wymont.

Cheers Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline Margaret 1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 September 22 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan

The only variant so far in our family line of John Wyman was Winman,  but was told in the past by older family members that the name originates from Germany, and that it was from German/Jewish origins so maybe also a Germanic variant? ie Weisman. Sadly all our older members have passed on so cannot refer back to them.

Sorry for delay getting back to you.

Good luck with it all.

Margaret