Author Topic: wellgreen house in Stirling  (Read 401 times)

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
wellgreen house in Stirling
« on: Friday 27 May 22 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hello again everyone.
I'm not if I can put 2 items I'm in need of help with on the same topic.
1st I'm trying to find out who I can get any answers to a question regarding my grans personal items. What happened to them. I know from her death certificate she was living in wellgreen house in Stirling.

My 2nd piece of help I need. Is its possible my gran would have lived  near 14 Wallace Street Bannockburn Stirlingshire in the late 1960’s.
As I stayed with my auntie when I was 10 years old.
The address I've mentioned is /was a friend of my auntie. But it's possible that my gran eveline would have been living round the area.
My auntie did tell me that her mum lived not far away from her. But my auntie can't remember the address where she was living..

Please I know it's a great deal to ask.
But I really don't know where else to ask for help.
This site has been really helpful for me over the last couple of years. I found out alot of good information about my family. Especially on my mums side of the family.
Thank all so very much for everything you have helped me with over the years.
I honestly truly appreciate your help with everything you have done for me.

Thank you all again.
Kind regards
Dorothy

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: wellgreen house in Stirling
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 May 22 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hello again everyone.
I'm not if I can put 2 items I'm in need of help with on the same topic.
1st I'm trying to find out who I can get any answers to a question regarding my grans personal items. What happened to them. I know from her death certificate she was living in wellgreen house in Stirling.
Who registered the death? Are they still living? If so, why not ask them?

Is Wellgreen House a care home? If so, you could try asking them what happened to her belongings.

Did she leave a will? If so, her executor should be able to tell you. See https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/guides/wills-and-testaments for information about wills and testaments.

My 2nd piece of help I need. Is its possible my gran would have lived  near 14 Wallace Street Bannockburn Stirlingshire in the late 1960’s.
As I stayed with my auntie when I was 10 years old.
The address I've mentioned is /was a friend of my auntie. But it's possible that my gran eveline would have been living round the area.
My auntie did tell me that her mum lived not far away from her. But my auntie can't remember the address where she was living..
The best source to find out who was living where when is the Registers of Electors. The ones you need are not available online so you would either need to go to a library where they are available, or get a researcher to do so on your behalf. Searching the Registers of Electors can be long and tedious.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 May 22 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Dorothy

There are a lot of previous threads on Eveline, your gran, where you have discussed with others here this issue of her belongings and what happened to them. See www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=834672.0

Just as a note here now. Eveline died in hospital in 1998 didn't she? Wellgreen House in Stirling was a care home and respite care facility run by the Council. I undestand the home closed in 2014? www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/families-fury-over-wellgreen-closure-3831341

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 May 22 06:16 BST (UK) »
Sorry folks. I had forgotten all those previous threads.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=682540.0
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline dorothyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 May 22 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hello again everyone.
Thank you so much for your help and your time.
 My gran eveline was in the care home. But as far as I can make out she died in hospital. I've asked family members about my gran. Especially one of my brothers and my auntie.
My brother said on my grans birth certificate the names I mentioned are not on it. I think i asked him if Shulman was on. Since then I've been having trouble trying to get him to reply back. As I asked him what name is on.
My auntie didn't have anything to do with her mums funeral or anything. I'm not sure why.

My gran at one point lived not far from my auntie around 1967/68

I'm going to try again to ask my brother.
As from what he told me last year.
He went to see our gran in Scotland. But found out that she had passed away. He was told where she was buried. And was given her belongings.
But I don't know what.
So I asked him if her birth certificate was one of them. If so was the name of Shulman on it. He said no it wasn't.
Anyway I'm going to ask him again.
Thank you all so much for your help and your time with this and especially your patience.

Kind regards
Dorothy