Author Topic: Albert Henry and the girl he married - Christina (nee Nairn)  (Read 903 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Albert Henry and the girl he married - Christina (nee Nairn)
« on: Sunday 29 May 22 16:54 BST (UK) »
This is among the images that a contact has shared with me (anything up to 5th hand as far as I can tell so no access to backs/originals). I am not even certain if its a scan of an actual photo or perhaps  a scan of a photocopy of a photo (if that makes any sense).
No matter what, I am really pleased to see it :-)

If it can be improved at all, I'd appreciate it but understand if that's not possible (photo stuff still comes under the heading of total magic to me)

If anyone has any idea of a ball park date I'd be interested - they married in July 1915 in Northumberland, but her outfit looks like she'd be sweltering with what appears to be the tails of a (hopefully) deceased  animal hanging round her shoulders in July,  so maybe not a wedding photo?

thanks
Boo

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Henry and the girl he married - Christina (nee Nairn)
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 May 22 20:08 BST (UK) »
Quick starter for you:

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 May 22 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo, I would say the date given for their marriage would be about right for this photo. Her suit looks lightweight material. The fur collar could have been worn in remembrance of a lost relative.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 May 22 22:56 BST (UK) »
A try from me, regards, John.

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 May 22 00:20 BST (UK) »
A B&W :) :) :)

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 May 22 00:21 BST (UK) »
And a Tint :D :D :D

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 May 22 02:56 BST (UK) »
Another one for the collection. :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 May 22 03:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Ticketyboo,
My Nairn connection is with the Johnston family of Fife Scotland. See attached pic of Elizabeth Johnston [nee Nairn].b.1831,  taken about 1910. Facial features are similar.

cheers jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 May 22 10:12 BST (UK) »
Quick starter for you:
Thanks for those japeflakes. 
You make me smile when you say 'quick starter' and then present a choice of 3 images. 

Given a year or so and an adult to supervise me then with luck I may be able to produce ONE - and that still wouldn't be anywhere near as good as yours:-)

Boo