Author Topic: WOODWARD of Thrupp or Kidlington  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
WOODWARD of Thrupp or Kidlington
« on: Sunday 05 June 22 05:00 BST (UK) »
My 4x Great grandmother was Jane HADLAND 1769-1857 she was married to Matin GILES in Bletchingdon, Oxfordshire in 1790.
The will of Henry HUTT with the last of three codicils  added in 1840 had an amazing 108 named benificeries one being:
“Jane Giles of Hampton Poyle, grand daughter of the late Elizabeth WOODWARD formerly HUTT of Thrupp..”
I can see three people named Jane GILES living near Hampton Poyle on the 1841 census
Jane nee HADLAND, her 7 year old grand daughter were together in Hampton Gay and The wife of William GILES (nee LAMMAS ) in Kidlington. (William was a nephew of Martin and Jane)jane Lammas was the grand daughter of John and Mary PHILPOT and ?Lammas not WOODWARD
Martin and Jane(nee HADLAND had 5 children all born in Hampton Poyle)
Jane HADLAND was the daughter of Richard HADLAND and Mary WOODWARD who married 6 July 1790 in Bletchington
BUT
Mary seems to be the daughter of Thomas WOODWARD and Mary nee SIMMONS

Please can anyone find a Mary WOODWARD daughter of Elizabeth nee HUTT old enough to marry Richard HADLAND (who was baptised in Bletchington 28 Jun 1767 ) and bear children between 1754 and  1769? Or a mysterious other Jane Giles grand daughter of Elizabeth WOODWARD nee HUTT.
I would also like to find the Elizabeth HUTT if that is possible
Thank you for your interest
Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WOODWARD of Thrupp or Kidlington
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 June 22 21:37 BST (UK) »
 Following on from the last post:
I have not found any WOODWARD/HUTT marriages in a suitable time frame.
Neither have I found a Mary WOODWARD other than the daughter of Thomas and Mary  nee SIMMONDS baptised in 1731.however this Mary had a brother William 1721 who was  married to an Elizabeth?  Can anyone find his marriage ? Children born to him were William  1741. John 1744, and George 1749 all baptised in Kidlington
The children of Thomas were baptised without a mother being named

Thomas Woodward and Mary Simmons were married  in Oxford

1717 Oct 13   WOODWARD   Thomas   of  Kidlington
      SIMMONDS   Mary   of Shipton upon Cherwell, Oxon

There were 9 children baptised to Thomas in Kidlington between 1719 and 1736
Is it possible or even probable that Thomas had married twice the second time to Elizabeth HUTT? I have not found any evidence of this!
Can anyone find anything about an Elizabeth HUTT
This is proving quite a mystery.

mcmullin.me.uk

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WOODWARD of Thrupp or Kidlington
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 June 22 06:05 BST (UK) »

The will of Henry HUTT with the last of three codicils  added in 1840 had an amazing 108 named benificeries one being:
“Jane Giles of Hampton Poyle, grand daughter of the late Elizabeth WOODWARD formerly HUTT of Thrupp..”

Jane HADLAND was the daughter of Richard HADLAND and Mary WOODWARD who married 6 July 1790 in Bletchington
Please can anyone find a Mary WOODWARD daughter of Elizabeth nee HUTT old enough to marry Richard HADLAND (who was baptised in Bletchington 28 Jun 1767 ) and bear children between 1754 and  1769?

My appologies I have completely mixed the dates up here. I was writing in the wee small hours of a sleepless night and am suffering macular degeneration which doesn't help!

Jane HADLAND was the daughter of Richard HADLAND and Mary WOODWARD who had married 18 Dec 1753 in Shipton on Cherwell . And I dont have a baptism for Richard Hadland who from his burial record was born in 1721 ( the baptism I had quoted was that of Martin Giles)
 :-[ Sorry

mcmullin.me.uk