Author Topic: Is This Vulenza BOOTH  (Read 1559 times)

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is This Vulenza BOOTH
« on: Tuesday 07 June 22 03:22 BST (UK) »
I have a missing GGGrandmother Vulenza Booth  she seems to vanish from NZ records in about 1905/6 in Masterton NZ electorail rolls. I found this passenger list that seems to be her it right age and birth date did she stay in Sydney or move on  to another state or back to UK she was born in Cornwall  St Neot. She was married in 21 Aug 1871 Devon, Plymouth UK Vulenza WELSH  maiden name to Abraham BENYUNES  but took off in 1873 to NZ and married William BOOTH 14 Oct 1875 in Christchurch they together  till 1905/6  then she goes poof, I have everything on family but her.

Name  Booth
Age   66
Immigration Date   1917
Immigration Place   New Zealand
Immigration Place (Original)   Sydney, New Zealand
Departure Date   27 Mar 1917
Birth Year (Estimated)   1851
Arrival Port   Sydney
Departure Port   Auckland
Ship Name   Victoria

Cheers kinky d

OSBORN/E  UK and NZ   Olliff

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Is This Vulenza BOOTH
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 June 22 03:30 BST (UK) »
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 June 22 03:00 BST (UK) »
yip that  last  thread I put up.

cheers kinky d

Offline shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 June 22 03:28 BST (UK) »
The original passenger manifest lists Booth under female so its possible, as the date of birth is correct, that it is her (but not confirmed)
Do you know when William Booth died and did she leave NZ after that? It was during WW1 so unlikely she could get a passage back to England  then. Did she have chn or family living in Australia that she could go to in 1917?
shume    australia
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Offline shume

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 June 22 09:12 BST (UK) »
Just a further update ? on Vulenza Booth.
An Ancestry tree has her husband William Booth admitted to Auckland Charitable Aid Board in 1924 and dying in 1934( buried with his parents d 1896) at Linwood cemetery. The funeral arranged by Mrs W Dick who was his daughter Eliza Mary Booth who married William Dick in 1903 at Linwood.
Although you may already have all of this, it does point to either Vulenza leaving him and/or predeceasing him but where? Vulenza is not buried with him.

shume
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 June 22 11:39 BST (UK) »
I can not find a  death  anywhere in NZ  for her, it possible  her oldest son  william henry is in  OZ  but I waiting  on a death  cert for  here in NZ that may be  him  in 1924, as when  dad  dies  he only   child  that  they dont  know  where   he  is. I know   william was in  Auckland in 1907  as picked  up  by police. Eliza and William DICk are my GGgrand parents, so I will double  check all their  kids  and see if the dad William  stays with  them  till he goes to the  hospital  in 1924  or after but had trouble  with  electoral rolls ie  finding right  rolls in time span.  If   cert that coming  is  wrong  one  then will have to  look for  William Henry in OZ he  born  20 Aug 1876 Christchurch, New Zealand, as  other blokes  by  same  name I have sorted  and not  mine.
Between Vulenza and  william henry  I have  had a   big headache  lol
cheers  kinky d

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 18 June 22 02:04 BST (UK) »
Hi finally got cert  for  william henry booth  and he died 1924 NZ  so if  it vulenza in 1917  going to  sydney, it not to family. I have all the rest  of  this family group except Vulenza, I hoping fresh eyes  may find  her.

cheers kinky d

Online Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 23 June 22 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hi kinky d

Where did you source the details for "Mrs BOOTH - age 66 "   ship Victoria - departing Auckland - 27 Mar 1917 -- arrival port, Sydney ... from ??

shume  ... has also commented on "original shipping manifest listing Mrs BOOTH ... "  ??

The only passenger list I could find for this Victoria voyage (arriving Sydney about 31 March 1917) lists "Mrs BOOTH -- a female passenger" but no age given for any passengers ??  [Source:  ancestry - Unassisted Immigrant Passengers to NSW ]

I only ask because there also appears to be a "Mr A C BOOTH"  amongst the male passengers for this voyage ??

~    Lu

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 25 June 22 00:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Lucy   I thought I had the  site in my list    so will find it again
cheers kinky