Author Topic: Norfolk Warners 17th Century Help  (Read 347 times)

Offline MazzyStar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Norfolk Warners 17th Century Help
« on: Wednesday 08 June 22 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Wondering if you can provide some help.

I Have a Samuel Warner born 1689, Baptised 20th November 1689 In Aldborough. He Married Hannah Parker in 1717 North Walsham, Norfolk. 

Samuel/ Samuell's Father was Thomas Warner B.1651 (to Thomas & Ann ???) Samuel's mother was Mary Rouse/ Rous from Flordon, Norfolk. (I couldn’t find a Mary on Free reg baptised in that parish at any year.
Thomas & Mary were married 9th November 1689 in Flordon. I thought it strange they would marry only a week or so prior to the baby’s arrival.

On the Parish Register, it mentioned Thomas was a Widower and Mary Was Single. It states that Thomas was from Swainsthorpe (does this just mean where he resided, or was born? however, I cannot find a record of a Thomas Warner born in Swainsthorpe, only Aldborough )

I've based some searches on Thomas being married in Swainsthorpe and of marrying age I've found two results:

* I’ve found a record of a Thomas Warner Marrying a Mary Taylour in 1678, in Swainsthorpe when he was 27 years old. However, one record says he was from Matlaske.
* Another Entry shows a Thomas Warner Married an Elizabeth Turner, He was from Newton.

I imagine this is a complete dead end, and I'm looking at weddings for the wrong Thomas. :o

Any Help would be greatly appreciative. I feel like I'm going around in circles Or going off on completely wrong tangents!  :'(

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Norfolk Warners 17th Century Help
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 June 22 02:09 BST (UK) »
Have you tried Wills at the Norfolk Records Office.

Try both the Rouse/Rous family as well as the Warners.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 June 22 02:22 BST (UK) »

Offline Ili1133

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 June 22 12:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry, but there is some confusion with the dates.

Samuel was baptized in Aldborough 20 Nov 1689 to Thomas and Mary.

A Thomas Warner widower of Swainsthorpe married Mary Rouse of Flordon 9 Nov 1698

It seems likely that the Thomas who married Mary Taylo(u)r in Swainsthorpe 1678 was from Matlaske/Aldborough (which are adjoining parishes), and their children (including Samuel b 1689) were baptized in Aldborough. It looks as if Mary died in Nov 1696, when Samuel was seven years old.

There may be an ongoing family connection between the Warners of Aldborough and the Warners of Swainsthorpe - as mckha489 says, the wills may provide some guidance.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 June 22 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi
Will for elder thomas Warner 1681 ANF 1681-3 fo 114 no 58.
I'm afraid I can't get it up online.

Ciderdrinker