Author Topic: James Henderson  (Read 5599 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: James Henderson
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 October 22 03:24 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out information on James Henderson, born 23/7/1869, Falla, Oxnam, he emigrated, unfortunately I don't have a date. His parents were George and Mary Henderson. His siblings were Mary born 1867 died 1934, Isabella born 1872, George born 1875, Alexander born 1881 died 1886 and David born 1887 died 1917 in France.
Can you please state what info. you're looking for as it's vague?

You've replied once, with no thanks for info. provided & you haven't said if you've followed up on James' ancestors.

It would be an idea to tell us what info. you already have & what info. you seek as "trying to find out information" doesn't tell us anything.

We need specifics, dates you're interested in & enough info. to help us find what you seek.

As always, a Timeline is very useful.

Where/when did James marry Mary Laidlaw?
Who were witnesses, what addresses were given (if any).
When/where were their children born, do you have baptisms with sponsors/witnesses' names?

You need to provide as much known info. as possible.

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 October 22 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am trying to find out when he emigrated, if he married and when he died. I don't have any other information on him. His parents were married 22/2/1867, Yetholm. I have David Henderson's information as he married my Gran. James and David's sister Mary, married George Whillans, I have Mary and George's children etc.

Ann

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 October 22 04:09 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out when he emigrated, if he married and when he died. I don't have any other information on him. His parents were married 22/2/1867, Yetholm. I have David Henderson's information as he married my Gran. James and David's sister Mary, married George Whillans, I have Mary and George's children etc.
How do you know James emigrated for sure?
What led you to that conclusion?
When did James disappear from Scottish census records?
What info. was given about him on the last census you found him on & what year was that?...
Who with & their info; address, James' status & occupation?
Where exactly did he emigrate to & settle?
What info. do you have to be sure it's the correct James?
When/where do you 1st find him after emigrating?
Can you list all known info. on him after his emigration?
When do you lose track of him after emigration?

You need to be more precise in what info. you have as it will give a bit of a guide as to where/when we need to look for him.

If you're not entirely sure of the 'fact' James emigrated, you need to tell us as it's quite easy to be sent on a wild goose chase which can happen when info. about people is missing.

I think I mentioned a Timeline is always very helpful.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 October 22 22:14 BST (UK) »
James was the witness on my Gran's marriage certificate. The story goes that if my Granny's husband had not been killed in action they would have emigrated. I have now found that James went to Lavoy, 20 miles SE of Edmonton. He was single and went to work on a Cattle Ranch. My Gran was married 1910, which would mean James would be about 41.

Ann

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 October 22 01:15 BST (UK) »
James was the witness on my Gran's marriage certificate.
James went to Lavoy, 20 miles SE of Edmonton. He was single and went to work on a Cattle Ranch. My Gran was married 1910,
Not quite a 'Timeline' - (dates/places with info.) but it helps a little.

What info. have you found on Scottish census' & when does James disappear?
What was his Occ. on the last census you found him on?
All known info. is important in helping further

Can you please tell us when/where in Lavoy (which seems to be Alberta), James went to work on the Cattle Ranch & what his Occ. was?

Was James' occ. included on his witness statement on the MC of his sister (your g/m)?

Please be more specific with info. you have/know (for sure) to help people know exactly when/where to look for info. you're seeking.

Is James a witness at any other siblings' marriages, if so, when/where?
Do you have an obit for your g/m (whatever her name was) which included any living siblings?
Do you have obits for the others which included surviving siblings?
Was James mentioned an any?

Can you please provide a Timeline of what you know as 'fact' as often there's info. in other records which can be cross referenced with info. to determine who the candidate is?

Annie

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 October 22 16:04 BST (UK) »
This could be him in 1916 -

James Henderson, age 49, born Scotland, immigrated 1911.  Living in Lavoy.  Is a farmer.

https://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?app=Census1916&op=img&id=31228_4363984-00792

RK

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 October 22 17:42 BST (UK) »
It could be, thanks for sending the record.

Ann