Author Topic: rae family kirkintilloch  (Read 16916 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: rae family kirkintilloch
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 June 22 17:11 BST (UK) »
In that case, I suggest that your next step is to view the birth certificate and see what it tells you.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 June 22 17:33 BST (UK) »
Did you get her parents names from her marriage or death cert?  If neither - where did you get them from?

Scotlands People shows 2 birth registrations for her as JEANIE McKinnon Dunlop.  One is in St Rollox & the other in Milton.  Think you may need to download both

Cannot see a Thomas Dunlop/Anne Bennett marriage on SP nor a death for Anne under either surname in 1918

EDIT - she was not Anne Bennett.  She was Annie Bennett Henry & marriage was 6.5.1908

Annie Bennett Dunlop died St Rollox 1918 aged 32
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 June 22 18:01 BST (UK) »
Thomas Dunlop’s WW1 service record is online - he was b Dunbartonshire.  Enlisted 1902 aged 18 so born approx 1884.

3 other children apart from Jeanie

William John 9.7.08
James Convery 2.12.09
Helen 30.3.1911

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Fragglerock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 June 22 18:19 BST (UK) »
Did you get her parents names from her marriage or death cert?  If neither - where did you get them from?

Scotlands People shows 2 birth registrations for her as JEANIE McKinnon Dunlop.  One is in St Rollox & the other in Milton.  Think you may need to download both

Cannot see a Thomas Dunlop/Anne Bennett marriage on SP nor a death for Anne under either surname in 1918

EDIT - she was not Anne Bennett.  She was Annie Bennett Henry & marriage was 6.5.1908

Annie Bennett Dunlop died St Rollox 1918 aged 32

The one who dies in St Rollox is my great grandmother she died bleeding to death after having my gran Jeanie

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 June 22 18:40 BST (UK) »
I know - the point I was making is your earlier reply gave the impression Anne’s maiden name was Bennett when it was in fact her middle name & her surname was Henry.  She was also Annie - not Anne & Jean was Jeanie.    Doesn’t help when trying to trace records

Would suggest you download copies of the 1908 marriage cert for Annie & Thomas & the 1908 marriage cert for Hugh & Isabella to compare Dunlop parentage.

If Thomas & Isabella have the same parents then you will know they were siblings.

You could also look up Annie & the other children on the 1911 census

Were you aware that Jeanie had 3 siblings?  Given the gap between Helen in 1911 & Jeanie in 1918 it’s likely there were more.  The 1921 Scottish census will be available later this year which will help as you will know who Jeanie was living with at that time

Offline Fragglerock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 June 22 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hi
No I had no idea my gran had siblings. It's unexpected brilliant news. It's confusing because there is 2 different records of my grans birth, but the one saying milton says something about St Rolox on the end of the page. I am trying to upload all the info I have off scotpeople website. But my phones antivirus won't let me i am pulling my hair out. 🤣🤣

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 June 22 19:03 BST (UK) »
It's confusing because there is 2 different records of my grans birth, but the one saying milton says something about St Rolox
It need not be confusing.

If a child was born in a registration district other than the one where the parents lived, the birth had to be registered in the district where the birth occurred. However the Registrar there was then required to send the details to the Registrar in the district where the parents lived, who then added the information to his register, so you get a double record of a single event.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 June 22 20:13 BST (UK) »
James Convery Dunlop died 1911 - mmn Henry
Helen died 1912 mmn Henry

Offline Fragglerock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 13 June 22 21:04 BST (UK) »
I know - the point I was making is your earlier reply gave the impression Anne’s maiden name was Bennett when it was in fact her middle name & her surname was Henry.  She was also Annie - not Anne & Jean was Jeanie.    Doesn’t help when trying to trace records

Would suggest you download copies of the 1908 marriage cert for Annie & Thomas & the 1908 marriage cert for Hugh & Isabella to compare Dunlop parentage.

If Thomas & Isabella have the same parents then you will know they were siblings.

You could also look up Annie & the other children on the 1911 census

Were you aware that Jeanie had 3 siblings?  Given the gap between Helen in 1911 & Jeanie in 1918 it’s likely there were more.  The 1921 Scottish census will be available later this year which will help as you will know who Jeanie was living with at that time
At the time of Jeanies birth they lived at 16 Raglan Street Glasgow. I have only just discovered this. But I am going to loose some of my information because we have had a red alert virus on our main computer and my husband is having to do something with the computer and some of my info is going to be lost. I am absolutely gutted.