Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 19 June  (Read 3368 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 19 June
« on: Monday 13 June 22 07:57 BST (UK) »
Morning Folks
I am starting off this week

Beautiful day here in SE England, hoping it is the start of a nice summer

Hope all is well with everyone

Have a happy week

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 19 June
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 June 22 08:57 BST (UK) »
There is a hint of brightness and a bit of a breeze in Newcastle, where I am now sitting waiting for my bus home.  I have just finished the first of a row of upcoming nightshifts.  My feet and legs are aching this morning and I feel very tired.  So very much looking forward to bed soon.😴  Hope everyone has a good day.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 June 22 10:42 BST (UK) »
Morning all
It's breezy here too and a bit cloudy. Looks a good day for washing drying outside though with extra pegs. I do love a good fresh air blow through of the washing!
North East of England

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 June 22 11:19 BST (UK) »
Another week..it’ll soon be the longest day … where have they all gone, so LM your comment about time until Christmas becomes more real 😩.

I thought it was going to be a good week… where’s the sunshine… not in my neck of the woods today and not as warm as yesterday!

Well I’m sorry to say but those drated slugs have already munched some of the biggest strawberries… 😤😤.

Good to hear from you RTL… I do feel for you with those night shifts you do… I’m sure bed must seem a welcome relief after a hard night…

my friend who works at Gatwick has been telling what bedlam it’s been there over these past weeks…she looks completely cream crackered and in need of some time off which thankfully she’s got next week… but not her trip to Australia which she was due to go on last week to visit her over 80 yr old sister had to be cancelled as she’d not received her passport back from the passport office having sent it for renewal 9 wks ago!!!!!
She’s been in touch with her local MP whose been very supportive but not much help,in getting it back… apparently it’s in Belfast so she can’t even go and try and get it herself… what a system this is! She’s rebooked for October now but at an additional cost….wonder if she’ll get some compensation or a sorry letter….😂😂😂.

Well better get on and organised for our holiday next week in Dorset… it’s been so long since we went away that I’m not sure what I should be doing anymore 😂😂.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 June 22 15:30 BST (UK) »
I know how to get an appointment with your GP.

This morning I took my usual Lansoprazole capsule ,in a blister pack I mark with the days .
To be taken about 40 minutes before food .
I noticed that the one left was for Wednesday ,oooer! What had I done ,taken one earlier?Monday’s and then Tuesdays?
Read the blurb and it stated an overdose must be reported !
Rang 111 ,after extensive questions ,a Nurse phoned me back quite some time later .She had worked out my weight in ratio against the suspected overdose ,I had 1 mg per kilo weight ,a toxic overdose was 4 mg per kilo weight .
So that was O.K
However there might be other side effects , palpitations ,breathlessness etc.
In any case I needed to see my GP.
 So an appointment tomorrow ,and a full blood check on Thursday !
The only thing I can think of is that The Jubilee weekend and after was a bit mixed up, I had to think twice what day it was , and I had started the week on Wednesday instead of the Thursday , but marked the pack as if Wednesday was the starting day , ( I think !)
I feel fine ,but how stupid !
My cunning plan to be organised  ::) ::) ::)

Otherwise all is well , as far as I can remember !
Day turned out very sunny but fresh.
Tesco delivery all put away.

Daughter phones tonight ,so latest news of FH  and  Baby Dumpling .
Hope everyone is well and getting along alright ,not mixing up medicines etc,unless you need an appointment with your GP!

Cheerio .Viktoria.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 June 22 16:21 BST (UK) »
Chilly wind still here, tail-end of an Atlantic storm. Cloudy today. Weather since late last week has been sunny periods, sudden downpours and that constant wind. Wasn't quick enough to bring in laundry in a heavy shower on Friday. Also struggled hanging sheets + untangling garments caught on garden items.

I used to grow strawberries in tiered wrought iron planters which kept them out of reach of slugs.   
Cowban

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 June 22 16:28 BST (UK) »
Viktoria
I know what  you  mean about getting mixed  up, I stupidly did the same thing myself thinking I had taken  my tablets,  so I  chose not to take another till  the next   lot   were  due,  I wonder if I had  missed a day decanting my medication into the weeks pill dispenser, I was  OK.
Good for you getting an appt,   haven't  had what  I  call an MOT since  before lockdown, my surgery  had a good reputation but now it seems they  have  gone down and have many complaints ,  I don’t have  much confidence on them  now but fortunately  I  don't  need to see a Dr
Hope all  goes  OK tomorrow

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 June 22 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hope you had a good sleep RTL and felt rested enough for your next shift.

We've had a couple of very windy days so I was pleased it had settled down today. Not sure where you are Maiden Stone, I'm guessing you're in the UK. Your name would lead me to believe it's Kent but as your weather is nothing like Louisa Maud's that can't be right! Hope you won the battle with your laundry!

Caroline, could you please refrain from mentioning Christmas, we haven’t had any summer to speak of yet!  ;)
I'm sure you'll remember how to holidaymake (?  ;D) once you get going. Here's hoping for good weather for you.
What a shame about your friend's trip to Oz, the passport situation doesn't seem to be improving.

Viktoria, you do like to stir things up don't you?  ;D ;D Don't forget to go to your appointment, seeing as you went to such lengths to get one!  :D

I managed to do some gardening today without getting blown around, had to go and get another load of compost. The bedding plants are looking good and lots of perennials in flower now.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 June 22 23:01 BST (UK) »
😂😂😂…. I didn’t actually start tge Christmas 🎄 theme Roobarb it was LM a few posts ago mentioning how many week it was until the ‘C’ 🎄word…. I did actually say we’ve not had summer yet… looks like it’s going to hit us from tomorrow 😎🥵🥵☀️☀️🏄‍♀️🏊‍♀️…

Viktoria… now that’s very extreme measures to get to see your doctors! Not to be recommended… hope all goes well and you don’t get a ticking off…
my OH has pills with the days on them but he just takes the first one to hand so he’s always out of sync…
 his excuse he hasn’t got his reading glasses by his bedside when he gets up and takes it! Pretty poor excuse if you ask me…
but hey ho that’s his problem to deal with!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK