Author Topic: Death certificate/obit Morris Birkbeck Brown, died Feb 25, 1903 Chicago,Illinois  (Read 263 times)

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Morris Birkbeck Brown was born July 1824 in Illinois (unconfirmed) to Thomas and Margaret Brown. His first wife was Sarah Hay June 7, 1849 (spelled May at time of marriage) and his second wife was Jane Lee/Lees  July 6, 1893 who was the daughter of William Lees and Mary Ann Johnston.
Jane died May 3, 1919 in Chicago. Would love her death certificate and or obit as she is in my Johnston lineage. It is very confusing as it appears that Morris and Jane had a daughter Mary June 28, 1882 which is abt 9 years before marriage.
Thanks for any help.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile

Obit - Chicago Tribune Chicago, Illinois
4 May 1919, Sun    Page 15

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/103758074/obituary-for-jennie-lee-brown/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Death certificate/obit Morris Birkbeck Brown, died Feb 25, 1903

Chicago Daily News
Thursday, Feb 26, 1903
Chicago, IL
Page: 2

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Thank you, Sandra. That is definitely my Jane even though dob is wrong, and her parents were both born Ireland.
The findagrave info on Sarah Hay was very interesting. I had the wrong dod for her, which had left me puzzled as to why Morris and Jane married in 1893 if Sarah lived until 1910. Now I see that Sarah died 1892 so that explains the marriage of Morris and Jane in 1893. Doesn't explain the birth of daughter Mary June 28, 1882 unless I have that wrong as well. Mary died May 29, 1937 in Chicago (unverified).
Thanks again for your help
Peggy

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Morris and Jane also had a son Jan 11, 1881 in Chicago who probably died young, maybe even at birth as he is not mentioned later or at Jane's death.

Online Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Thank you very much RJ137 for Morris' death notice in the newspaper. Great verification of death.