Author Topic: Karen Cook  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Michael Craig

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Karen Cook
« on: Thursday 16 June 22 20:39 BST (UK) »
Hi People
             Doing some research into Karen A Cook born Jan 1957 and Died April 1957 her sister also Mcdonald as she took her grandfather surname but the fathers name was not on the birth certificate of the sister i am ordering a copy of Karen A Cook Born Certificate to see if there is any info on it would is there a way to see if this child was baptised before her death

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Karen Cook
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 June 22 21:39 BST (UK) »
Which particular bit do you need help with Michael?  Who done a DNA test? 

If the cousin is still alive his name will have to be removed as not allowed to discuss living persons. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 June 22 21:52 BST (UK) »
The births were a year apart & mmn is the same

No death for the 1958 birth so as advised you need to remove her name & the cousins name as Rootschat has a strict no living persons policy to protect peoples privacy

Access your post & click on the "Modify" button to edit
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Michael Craig

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 June 22 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi People
             Doing some research into Karen A Cook born Jan 1957 and Died April 1957 the sister was born but the fathers name was not on the birth certificate of the sister i am ordering a copy of Karen A Cook Born Certificate to see if there is any info on it
My friend had done a DNA test come back as 1st or 2nd cousin is  as help would be great

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 June 22 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm not familiar with the many permutations of a DNA match but as Karen died in 1957 shortly after birth - her DNA would not be on a database for comparison purposes.   The 1958 birth is more likely but if that birth cert also has no fathers name you would need to approach the sister directly. 

You will have the mothers full christian name from Karens birth cert so have you looked for a marriage for her in case she later married one or other of the childrens fathers and the name is the one you mentioned originally?

Have you looked for the male on www.freebmd.org.uk

The mother/father could still be alive if born around the mid-1930's so we would be unable to help with any personal details

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Michael Craig

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 June 22 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi all
          The sister asked her daughter who has asked me for help and because I, got lots with my own tree here I was asked to put it up without breaking any roots chat rules

I am sending of for the birth as for the sister she is interested as her birth cert did not list a father but by then the mother was with new partner which is listed in ancestry as the father but he is not

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 June 22 10:48 BST (UK) »
I can't really make sense of your reply but we are not allowed to post details of living people- whether or not they are a DNA match to someone you are researching is really irrelevant.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 June 22 11:16 BST (UK) »
I can see a brief tree with Karen’s birth and death in 1957.
Just to say, Michael, that the tree owner has named a father but that is not Ancestry which has listed him. It is the tree owner who has posted that information.

As has been said, the birth shows Cook as mother’s name. I haven’t seen the sister’s birth but if that shows the same name, then it is likely that there will be no father’s name on the certificates as the girls would be illegitimate.

You would then need to determine if the cousin is from the mother’s side (Cook) or the father’s side (perhaps unknown at the moment).

That is how I am reading your post anyway  :)

Offline Michael Craig

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 17 June 22 20:47 BST (UK) »
The Ancesty tree listed the Father as William S McDonald as they married whilst the mother was pregnet but he is not the father