Author Topic: Anne Holebrook  (Read 366 times)

Offline ken murphy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anne Holebrook
« on: Sunday 19 June 22 16:54 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information on Anne Holebrook who married James Murphy in Enniscorthy, Wexford on  29th June 1850. Thank You.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Holebrook
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 June 22 00:00 BST (UK) »
Their marriage cert is free on IrishGenealogy
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1850/09389/5401069.pdf
Just sign in and prove your not a robot.

Offline ken murphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 June 22 18:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply. I do have their marriage certificate. Do you have any further information, - i.e. when she was born/baptised, and where?
The information that I have, is as follows:
Anne was Church of Ireland.
3 children were born of the marriage in Wexford.

Anne is my great-great grandmother.
I can find no record of when or where she died.

Thank you again.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 June 22 11:31 BST (UK) »
You also know from the marriage cert that she was living in the parish of Meelnagh.
Surviving church records for Meelnagh
https://www.johngrenham.com/records/church.php?civilparishid=2604&civilparish=Meelnagh&search_type=full
there is a project to put COI records online but it still some time off.

that she was a servant so possibly not living at home, she may even have travelled to Ireland with a family she worked for.

and her father John Holebrook was a constable, again you can't be sure he was a constable in Ireland but worth following up.

Looking in the newspapers there was a John Holebrook listed as a Process Server in Abbeyleix during the 1830s which I think is something to do with the courts, may not be the correct man but worth noting.

Offline ken murphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 June 22 14:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sinann, for your quick response.  :)
Yes, I am aware of Meelnagh, and IF Anne Holebrook was born there, then she was baptised in Kilmuckridge, and that being the case, those records are gone forever, - destroyed during the fire in the PROI in 1922.
John Holebrook was, I suspect, a village constable (pre RIC - 1837) in Oulart, - there was a police barracks located there during that time. I've taken note of Abbeyleix, and I will definitely follow that up.
I also believe that my great-great grandfather, James Murphy was from Oulart, and that he returned there, with his young daughters, after the death of his first wife.

I will keep searching, and hope for a breakthrough.
Thanks again  :)