Author Topic: DNA tests and results again  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Wulfsige

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DNA tests and results again
« Reply #27 on: Friday 24 June 22 10:55 BST (UK) »
The next blockage is this: gedmatch wants me to supply a 'gedmatch kit number', and gives a button to click to take me where I can find it. I click, but I can see nothing in the window that opens labelled 'gedmatch kit number'. It gives a 'user profile number', but rejects that as a kit number.
Young, Gameson, Miles, Williamson, Cramond

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 24 June 22 11:31 BST (UK) »

If you then select the Menu system there is an option to Upload DNA.

Select the zip file and upload it.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 24 June 22 12:06 BST (UK) »
It seems that you've not uploaded the zip file. It can sometimes take a while for Gedmatch to processit.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Wulfsige

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 24 June 22 12:22 BST (UK) »
It seems that you've not uploaded the zip file. It can sometimes take a while for Gedmatch to processit.
No - it is the zip file that I uploaded. I was very careful to do that, following the advice given on the forum here.

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 24 June 22 12:53 BST (UK) »
From your Gedmatch Dashboard (the page that showed your user profile number) scroll down to DNA Resources
It will show a number, your name and a shield with police on it and a pencil with a red end.
The number is your kit number (probably 1 or 2 letters followed by 6 or 7 numbers my first kit was 1 letter and 5 numbers, my latest 2 letters and 7 numbers).

If you have uploaded a Gedcom its number date of upload and your name will also be shown below the column of kit number(s).
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Wulfsige

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 24 June 22 16:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you. I did it some hours ago, and no number was assigned; following getting your reply here, I did it again, and a number was assigned immediately. We're getting there!

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 24 June 22 22:33 BST (UK) »
After I uploaded my DNA Data to Gedmatch it took a couple of days for the processing and matches to be found.

Once you are live on Gedmatch you may then like to upload to the other comparison and matching website.

Gedmatch is useful for the Tools but I have had more success with matches elsewhere.

Offline Wulfsige

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 25 June 22 16:34 BST (UK) »
After I uploaded my DNA Data to Gedmatch it took a couple of days for the processing and matches to be found.

Once you are live on Gedmatch you may then like to upload to the other comparison and matching website.

Thank you. I have paid a one-year subscription to MyHeritage and FindMyPast. I get lots of matches, but no one seems to have broken through the brick walls in the 1700s that I mentioned in another comment on the forum. They get as far as I have, and their researches come to a halt, as mine have.