Author Topic: Very high brick wall  (Read 7134 times)

Offline unknownmale

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Very high brick wall
« on: Sunday 03 July 22 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi folks, I do not expect to receive any answers form this as the info we have is minimal. Trying to find information on a Kathleen Ellen Vincent Jones born 1903. My wife`s Grandmother. She was the only child of Charles Jones, Farmer, born Wales no date. His wife Annie McDonald, don`t know when they married cannot find any info in S.A. on anything. Charles died in 1903 around the time of Kathleen`s birth. Thanks for reading.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Very high brick wall
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 July 22 13:23 BST (UK) »
24 September 1925 she received her certificate of training as a nurse in Edinburgh Scotland

address looks like Stothill Hospital Springtown

Age 22

ADDED
I would try Scotland's People- I don't a DOB in England or Wales

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 July 22 13:36 BST (UK) »
Not finding anything specific to Kathleen using her full name - when / where did she marry? What info does it give on her marriage certificate? Fathers / witnesses
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 July 22 13:40 BST (UK) »
There's a tree on ancestry saying she was born on 20 Feb 1903 in Johannesburg, South Africa, married in Glasgow, died in Paisley. Nothing on Charles, Annie died in SA.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 July 22 13:43 BST (UK) »
Are you trying to trace back from Kathleen?
 If she is your wife’s grandmother, do you have her from marriage and her children?

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

1931, Partick
Kathleen Ellen Jones and Duncan MacPherson

If this is her, you can purchase credits to view the record.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 July 22 13:46 BST (UK) »
24 September 1925 she received her certificate of training as a nurse in Edinburgh Scotland

address looks like Stothill Hospital Springtown

Age 22

ADDED
I would try Scotland's People- I don't a DOB in England or Wales

Should that perhaps be Stobhill Hospital, Springburn? That's Glasgow.
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 July 22 14:27 BST (UK) »
Are you trying to trace back from Kathleen?
If she is your wife’s grandmother, do you have her from marriage and her children?
https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/
1931, Partick
Kathleen Ellen Jones and Duncan MacPherson
If this is her, you can purchase credits to view the record.

From online tree:

‘ Born in Johannesburg, South Africa on 22 FEB 1903 to Charles Jones and Annie McDonald. Kathleen Ellen Vincent Jones married Duncan Macpherson and had 1 child. She passed away on 1981 in Paisley Royal Infirmary.’  One child: Mary Campbell Macpherson 1936 - 1985

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline unknownmale

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 July 22 21:27 BST (UK) »
Gosh I have had so much bother trying to get back on here I could not remember which board I was dealing with. so a huge apology to one and all who answered our query. We learned nothing, but the expectation was not great. Not of Rootschat, who have over the years been above and beyond excellent, so once again apologies for my seeming rudeness, thanks for your most welcome input.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 09 July 22 21:31 BST (UK) »
Does her birth certificate not help at all, any little hint on her parents, or have you not found that?